Wednesday 30 April 2014

April......

April has come and gone soooo quickly with loads of things happening.

At the start of April I took my friend Rhona out for brunch. She had a birthday way back in December and as part of her gift I had made a gift card for brunch with me, at one of my favourite cafes. I thought it was about time we used that gift card, plus I was dying to see her and catch up on life with her . We had a great day together.

Then I had a visit to Ikea with my friend Audry. We didn´t buy anything but just had fun walking around dreaming and planning. We ended our evening in McDonalds, like we always do. When we had finished eating she said "OH I can´t wait any longer, here you have to open this." She gave me a bag with a small box inside. It was an early birthday present. When I opened it I coudn´t believe my eyes. She had gotten me a beautiful bracelet that I had admired a few months back. I was soooo touched by this. I love my bracelet and it hasn´t been off my arm since I got it. Thanks Audry!


The highlight of the month of April was our trip to London. Leah has always wanted to see London so her Christmas present from us was a ticket to the big smoke for a girlie few days away. Just me and her.  She then had a few months to save up her own money to help pay for some of the entertainment we would have while there. 

We had a brilliant time. We arrived Sunday lunch time and went home Wednesday evening. It was the week up to Easter so we both were off school and work! 

Sunday afternoon I met up with an "old" friend from Ireland. She lives in London and I haven´t seen her for about 16 years. We had a wonderful afternoon together with her and her two boys. It was like we had never been apart. It just all ended too quickly!


The rest of the time in London was spent walking! We walked, walked and walked. We saw all the sights...Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, The London Eye, Westminster Abbey, St. Pauls Cathedral, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square and Covet Gardens. We also vistied the British Museum and The National Gallery. The rest of the time we spent shopping, mostly in Primark!! :-)  

The highlight of the trip was going to see the musical Wicked. It was absolutely fantastic. We loved it so much and ended up buying the CD which I haven´t stopped playing in the car! It was a really great trip, one we will remember for a long time! :-)




Thursday before Good Friday is a holy day here and so Kristian was asked to go and play at a Gospel service in a church about an hour from here, along with two of our friends. They would be playing and singing along with Kristian. I went along too and it was a really lovely service. We were invited to join the congregation afterwards for lamb and potatoes. We then headed home to us for coffee and cake. We had such a great evening with them. (Press the link below if you want a taste of Kristian playing his sax...)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202227942314757&l=6494956803635802178

Since Easter the weather has been fantastic. Easter Sunday Camilla (Andrew´s girlfriend) came to lunch and we sat outside and ate a delicious meal together, then we all headed into church in Copenhagen to celebrate the resurrection. It was a lovely Sunday. 

April has also allowed us to work a little in the garden but we have also had time to go exploring in the area. We are finding new roads and paths about the place that lead to some fantastic places. The other evening a few of the us got together for a bread, cheese and wine dinner down by the lake. It was absolutely beautiful.






Across from us is an old quarry which has been made into a nature spot. We call it The Big Moutain. While we were out walking we were trying to find our house from the top of the hill. We managed to find it! Kristian is making sure everyone knows where it is! :-)





We really do feel blessed to live in such a beautiful part of Denmark with fields, lakes and forest right on our doorstep. The last few evenings as we have been out walking Kristian and I have talked about how much my dad would have loved this place. He would have been out with his camera and we wouldn´t have seen him for hours. I really wish he would have had the chance to visit, even just one time, to experience it. We still miss him. <3 font="">

No comments: