Thursday 6 October 2016

Birthdays galore....

It has been a couple of weeks filled with birthday celebrations.

Saturday 24th September found Kristian and I all packed and ready for a mini roadtrip. We were going to Ã…rhus to visit Sara and Christian. They both had birthdays at the end of September so we had been invited over for a small get together with Christian´s family.






We already know Christian´s mum and dad, however this time we got to meet the rest of his family, his aunts, uncles and cousins. We had such a lovely Saturday evening with them.

Sunday morning we were up early, packed and ready for the journey home again. It was lovely to get to spend some time with Sara and Christian even though it was only for a short time.


 On Tuesday evening Andrew and Camilla invited us for dinner. Camilla made this delicious wok with chicken and vegetables. We had such a cosy evening with them.



Kristian´s mum has not been feeling the best, she is in pain because of her back, so I spent Wednesday afternoon making food for her. I made Lasagne, Pasta Bolognese, Lentil soup, Vegetable Soup and Irish Stew. The different dishes I packed down ready for freezing and took the whole lot down to her, so she wouldn´t have to make any dinners over the next many days. I stayed a while with her and we had a cosy evening watching some TV.



Thursday I was out with my colleague celebrating her birthday. She had invited me to hot chocolate and cake after work. It was a real Autumn afternoon, the sky was gray, it was blowing a gale and raining - just the right sort of weather for hot chocolate. We had a lovely afternoon together.




On Friday evening I was out eating with some more colleagues. This time I had been invited to a fancy restaurant. My colleague just turned 60 so he had invited a group of us out for dinner. The food was absolutely delicious and we had such a fun evening together.  Never a dull moment with the people that I work with. Our laughter muscles really got a work out on Friday evening!

On Saturday I was once again off to a birthday. This time it was my friend Genny that was turning 60! She and her husband have just recently moved to Copenhagen so I found myself on the train heading into Copenhagen for her party. I was looking forward to seeing her new place. It was beautiful and situated in the heart of Copenhagen, close to the water. 



                                    The view later in the evening on my walk back to the train.


We were 10 girls gathered together for her celebration. Even though I didn´t know any of them, except Genny, we had such a great evening together. I got to sit beside a really lovely girl that I just clicked with, so we are hoping to meet up again in the not too distant future. 

Even though it was fun being in Copenhagen I was sooo looking forward to getting back out into the country. It was wonderful to hop on the train and head away from the hustle and bustle of the city. (How I have changed!!)

In between all the different birthday celebrations, we spent some time redecorating Leah´s room. 



 Above is the room before.




Leah was very happy with her room. There are still a few things to hang up on the wall but hopefully that will all be done some time soon.

No comments: