Monday 7 November 2016

New challenges.....

I have been wanting to do some sort of volunteer work for a while now but just wasn´t sure what. Then a couple of weeks ago I saw that the old people´s home close to where I work, was looking for people to come and take the old people out for a bike ride. I knew this was it! This was what I wanted to do. 

I have missed working with old people so I filled out the form and sent it away. Within a few days I was contacted and told about what was involved. I would have a bike course to learn how to handle the huge bike that they used and once I was approved, then I could start to take the old people out biking.





So over the last 2 weeks, I have been up at the home a couple of times having lessons on how to maneuver the bike. It took a bit of getting used to, however, I was approved on my last visit and on Wednesday of this week I will go out with my first old person. I must admit, I am rather nervous!! It´s one thing biking around on your own, another thing when you have an old person sitting in the front!!! But I am looking forward to it. I now have to study a map of the area to find out where all the bike paths are! 

I will be volunteering there every other Wednesday. I think it´s going to be good!

So what else have we been up to over the last couple of week? 

Well, we have been in helping Kristian´s mum with some housework. She still has her bad back and finds doing hosuework difficult. So I have been down visiting helping her hoover and wash floors. 

We also attended my brother-in-laws birthday. We were invited down for tea/coffee and cake. We were a small group, only 7 of us, just some of the family that lived close by, but we sure had a cosy evening together. 

I was out one evening with my friend Audry. This time we gave Ikea a miss and went out for dinner instead. We had delicious food and a really good chat. We ended the evening with a hot chocolate - you can´t get better than a hot chocolate on a cold, winters evening!


                                                                  The red carpet was out for the ladies arriving. 

I had also arranged a Ladies night here at home. I had invited a few girls from the family and some of my girlfriends to a Clothes Party. Kirsten, one of the wives of Kristian´s go-kart friends, sells clothes and so she came with all that she had for us to see.



We started the evening with a few fun games where you could win a few prizes. Then Kirsten showed us the clothes and explained the different outfits, a few more short games and then it was time to try on clothes. We went mad! It was sooo much fun - 10 ladies trying on clothes in every room of the house. 



We ended the evening with coffee and cake. It was such a success! This is not the last time I will do this. All the ladies want an evening again in the Spring. 

On Friday evening Kristian texted me at work to tell me to be ready  by 6pm for a date. We were going out. Kristian and I literally had not seen or spoken (only via text messages) to each other since Sunday. He was out when I was home and vice versa, and I was always sleeping by the time he got home,  so I was sooo looking forward to our date night and having time to talk and catch up with each other.


So at 6pm I was waiting for Kristian to come home from work. He had booked a table at an Italian restaurant that we went to a couple of years ago. We really enjoyed their food, but just hadn´t managed to make it back since then. 

We had a delicious meal and we talked and talked and talked. It was wonderful!!!

At 9pm we were finished with our meal and so decided to head over to the cinema to see if there was a good film. The Accountant was about to start so we went in to see it. It was such a good film, really exciting. It was late when we got home, tired but happy. 

No comments: