Wednesday 7 May 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Today is my birthday and I am now offically 39!!!

It´s been a really nice day, in every way!. The weather has been beautiful, sunny and warm! I started the day getting up at 5.40am!! I really wanted to bike to work, hence the early wakening. I set off at 6.20 am and actually biked the 10km (about 6 mile) to work! The road to work is between two forests and the nature was fantastic.

When I arrived at work I discovered that I had nearly lost my voice. Since none of my family were up at 5.40am I hadn´t tried to speak to anyone until getting to work. That´s when I discovered I didn´t have any voice. It´s awful not being able to speak!! Although my friends at work thought differently. They thought it was wonderful to have a bit of peace and quiet for a change!

After work I biked it home again! (Aren´t I good?!) When I arrived home Kristian and the kids had the house decorated and presents sitting waiting for me.





Our new bedroom was my birthday present, but Kristian and the kids had also bought me artie stuff, (canvas/paints) so I can sit out on our balcony and paint pictures, looking forward to that. I also wanted a new stand for my knives - I got the one I wanted. (Thanks Krisitan you didn´t need to buy me anything more!! ) My friend Audry bought me a lovely plant for my balcony. I love it. (Thanks Audry)

We actually spent the afternoon sitting out on the balcony enjoying some Coke zero and an ice cream! (Good stuff!) Late afternoon we drove up to the next town were we had arranged to meet with Kristian´s mum and dad. We took a walk around the castle there. They have beautiful gardens and fountains. One of our favourites places, as we used to live very close to these gardens.It was nice being back again.


Kristian had booked a table at one of my favourite restaurants - The Mexican. We had the most delicious food. It was a mexican buffet and I ate sooooo much. We then headed home for cake and coffee/tea. We spent the rest of the evening here at home with Kristians mum and dad.

It´s been a really lovely birthday.









No comments: