Thursday 24 March 2016

Holiday....

Once again I have holiday!! :-)  I stopped work on Friday for Easter - the blessings of working in a school. (Kristian first has holiday from Thursday.)  On Monday I decided I would pack a picnic and go exploring.  I decided to invite a couple of my colleages along on the trip. They don´t have cars and I thought it would be fun for them to have a day out. Only one of them could come along so we set out together.
 Normally when we go on a picnic we always head north. I decided that I would head West this time to an area I didn´t know that well. We followed signs for small towns and villages that I had never heard of before and we found some wonderful nature.

 The weather was fantastic, just a little cold, yet we were still able to sit out and enjoy our picnic lunch.


 My goal was to find a Castle called SELSØ SLOT. I had never been there before. We found it, but unfortunately it was closed. It first opens in May so I think another visit will be made then. It was fun to explore a whole new part of Denmark.


 We of course had to have a treat!! I had bought us each a Strawberry cake and we sat in the sunshine, by the water and enjoyed our coffee/tea and cake.

We ended the day in one of the big towns. They had a big shopping centre so we spent an hour walking about shopping. I got myself a new Easter decoration. It was such a great day out. A good combination of beautiful nature and a little shopping.

On Monday evening Sara arrived home again! It´s great to have her here.

Tuesday I spent at home with Leah and Lasse. We had a lazy day just hanging out here at home. Leah and Lasse spent the afternoon playing games. I spent the afternoon playing piano, I also did some reading, and then made an early dinner for us all.

Leah and Lasse were going on a date to the movies and I was also going to the movies with my neighbour Laura.

After work Kristian was going to Copenhagen to collect Sara from her work. Since they knew none of us were at home they decided to go out for dinner and have a father and daughter evening together.

On Wednesday I travelled into Copenhagen with Sara. She started work at 10am but we arrived 20 minutes early so we had a cup of tea in the cafe beside her work.

I then left Sara at work and went to explore Copenhagen.

We are going to a wedding in a months time, so I need a dress for that. I spent most of the morning in one of the department stores just trying on dresses. I think I have found one but now I want someone to come with me to see it and help me decide if I should buy it or not.

At lunchtime I met up with Sara and we had a delicious lunch together in a local cafe. Sara only gets half an hour for lunch so it had to be quick.


After lunch I decided I had had enough of the big city. I hopped on the train and headed home. I did a bit of food shopping on the way  since most of the shops will be closed Thursday and Friday for Easter. I then came home and made myself some Bruschetta for dinner - yummie, it was delicious!!

 I ate dinner in the peace and quiet of the house and enjoyed every minute of it. Leah was working and first needed picked up at 9.15pm. Kristian was at his go-kart shop and would first be home around 8pm, he would pick Sara up on the way home. Those few hours of quietness were just what I needed after a day in the city.

Just after 8pm Kristian and Sara arrived home. Not long after them our friends Birthe and Henrik came by for a cup of coffee. It was sooo great to see them. They stayed a couple of hours and it was such a good way to end the day. 

Zoey and Shadow enjoyed the peace and quiet of the house along with me.

Today Sara´s Christian is coming to spend Easter with us. On Friday her friend Catherine will also arrive so we will have a full house. Let the madness begin!! :-)

No comments: