Sunday 27 March 2016

Easter.....

Thursday afternoon and Sara´s Christian arrived to spend Easter  here with us. It was great to see him again.

We had a cosy dinner together and then Kristian, my neighbour Laura and I headed into Copenhagen to a special Gospel Service in one of the churches in the centre of the City.
It was such a lovely service which ended with Communion.


On Friday Sara and Christian met some friends for brunch, Leah went to visit Lasse and his family so suddenly Kristian and I found ourselves alone again. The weather was not good so we settled down on the sofa to watch The Passion. We wanted to use some time to reflect on the Easter message.

It is a hard film to watch but one that left me feeling soooo loved. The words that Jesus said from John 10,18 really spoke to me....."No one takes it (my life) from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again." No one took Jesus life. He gave it freely because of His great love for me (and you). It made me feel so loved to know that Jesus gave His life freely for me. He suffered all that He did for me, so I could have a relationship with Him.

Late afternoon Sara and Christian arrived home with their friend Catherine. She would be staying till Saturday evening. Catherine brought a lovely Easter Egg for me!! Yummie!!


I made dinner for us and after dinner we all settled down on the sofa to watch X-factor. It was down to 4 contestants and all of them very talented, so it was a very exciting evening!
When X-factor was finished we played a board game. Sara and Christian love to play games!

On Saturday Sara was working. Leah was working too. Christian and Catherine were going to spend the day in Copenhagen till Sara finished work. Then they would all head out for dinner together.

Kristian and I decided we would spend the day together and end it with a date night out to dinner.

We made a big breakfast for everyone, to get us of on a good start. 
 Christian had brought his slow juicer with him so he made us all very healthy juices.
 I baked bread, made soft boiled eggs and had bought different cheeses and jams.
 Everyone helped out....
 All healthy food going into our juice :-)

After breakfast all the kids left. Kristian and I got the place aired out and tidied up and then we headed out too.

We needed to find a few birthday presents for friends that have birthdays this coming week. We also wanted to look for some clothes for the wedding we are going to in a few weeks time. We had such a lovely day out shopping. We got a lot of things ticked of our list so we were feeling good.....
We headed home for a snack and then  relaxed for an hour or so, before we headed out for dinner. (Leah arrived home before we left so we felt bad about leaving her on her own. We invited her along on our date but she didn´t want to come with us, she was in the mood to be alone and relax after a hard day at work.)

Kristian and I headed North to a wee cafe that we like. After dinner we then drove the Coast Road down into Copenhagen. It was so beautiful.

We wandered around Copenhagen for a while and then decided we would go see a film. There was one called Room that looked interesting. So we bought tickets for that. It was an ok film. A bit slow moving. It was probably more my sort of film than Kristians. But it was fun to hang out with my hubby.
                                  (It was a little bit cold last night in Copenhagen!!)
After the movie we met up with Sara and Christian and headed home.

Today I made brunch for everyone and then we headed, once again, into Copenhagen. This time we were going to church in Hillsongs. It was great service of celebration! After church we said goodbye to Sara and Christian, they were heading back home again so they had a long drive in front of them. It was good to spend some time with them.

(Andrew was meant to be visiting Camilla´s family this Easter but they had to cancel their plans as he got sick. Poor Andrew.)

No comments: