Tuesday 5 April 2016

Birthdays, Family and Fun.....

It´s been a week filled with birthdays, family and fun.

On Easter Monday we were invited to a 50th Birthday Party. Our "old" neighbour from years back turned 50. We have kept in touch over the years and so we were invited to a small party at her home. We were 12 couples together to celebrate her and we had such a lovely afternoon together. I think she really enjoyed her day.

On Tuesday Sara arrived back with us again. She was working in Copenhagen from Wednesday to Friday. It is actually fun having her back home.


On Wednesday our neighbour Laura had a birthday. As soon as she left for work, I got her key and was over decorating her place so it would look good for her coming home.  I hung flags up all over the kitchen and of course my "Happy Birthday" bra and pants were also hung up. I left a few presents on her table from us and then I  headed to work too. I couldn´t wait for her to get home and see her surprise.

She was thrilled with her presents - a new bathrobe and a small window sill green house that she had been wishing for.

After dinner Laura came over  and hung out with me. Kristian was at his Go-kart shop so us girls had a cosy night on the sofa watching a few episodes of  "Everybody loves Raymond"

On Thursday evening Andrew, Camilla, Lasse, Leah and Sara were all here for dinner. It was lovely to see Andrew and Camilla again as we hadn´t seen them over Easter. Andrew had been sick but was feeling much better.

On Friday evening Leah was of to her friends birthday dinner and Sara headed back home to Århus. Once again Kristian and I found ourselves alone. We were so in the mood for a burger so we headed to Burger King and had a quick dinner there. It was then home to see the final of X-factor. What a great way to spend a Friday evening - totally bummed out on the sofa, just what we needed!!

The go-kart season has started again so on Saturday Kristian was of to a race. I had a cosy time at home cleaning and organising and in between all that I played piano, read, and played guitar - it was all rather relaxing.

On Saturday evening Kristian was going over to the farm to hang out with the farmer and some of the other musical people from our wee village


Leah was going out to a class reunion, so I found myself with a Saturday evening alone. I decided I would be spontanous and invite a few girlfriends over for a girly night! I invited 6 of them but only 2 could come but that was ok, it was last minute. We girls decided to make it a Pyjama Party!! Everyone had to come in their PJs and house coats!



My friend Anne and neighbour Laura arrived all in the right gear! We had such a great evening. We got caught up with each other, saw a girly film, laughed a lot, ate way too much food, danced around the house to burn some calories from all the stuff we ate and we laughed some more!! We decided that we needed to do these sort of evenings a little more often.



Sunday afternoon we went to visit Kristian´s mum. She had been to Faroe Islands over Easter so we wanted to hear all about her trip.

While we were there Kristian´s brother Søren and his wife popped by, also his sister Hanne and her husband. It was a real cosy afternoon and it was great seeing Kristian´s mum again and hearing all about her trip.


No comments: