Monday 25 April 2016

A perfect few days.....

I took last Thursday off work. I was just not in the mood to work all last week!! haha Since Friday (22nd) was a bank holiday, I thought it would be nice to have the Thursday before it at home too. I have a lot of overtime to use, so I decided that I would use it to help make my weekend into a 4 day weekend instead of the 3 day weekend everyone else would be getting. (I always like to be different! haha)   It was soooo wonderful to come home from work on Wednesday afternoon, knowing it was Wednesday afternoon,  yet feeling like it was Friday!!

Thursday morning I was up early with Kristian. He went to work, Leah to school and I got stuck into cleaning the house. A few hours later I was finished and it was only 11am. I had the whole day ahead of me yet I wasn´t sure what I was in the mood to do. Well actually I wanted to go to the Butcher in town and buy one of his huge delicious sandwiches, then go to the Bakery and buy a huge delicious cream bun, but I didn´t. I was good!!

I thought about going into one of the bigger towns closer to Copenhagen to shop but again, decided against it. I was more in the mood to just stay at home. So that´s what I did. I played piano, read,  watched a little TV. read some more, and then I decided to go a bike ride. The weather wasn´t the best, but it was the sort of weather that I love, so I had a great afternoon out riding around the lake.



Thursday evening we watched our wedding video. We haven´t seen it in years. We haven´t had a video machine but I was able to borrow one from work that also has a DVD recorder in it so we could record it over from a VHS tape to a DVD. It was wonderful seeing our old friends from Ireland, many of whom are not with us anymore. We really did enjoy seeing it.

On Friday Kristian was off work with me. Leah was going to her friend´s sister´s confirmation so she would be gone all day. We decided we would have a date day. We started it with a long lie in. It was so wonderful not to have the alarm go off. When we did wake up we discovered it was a beautiful day outside so after breakfast we went out on our bikes.


After our bike ride we decided to head out on a short roadtrip in the car, we would eat dinner wherever we ended up. However we couldn´t wait till dinner!! We were driving for about 20 minutes when we both realised we were hungry, we saw a McDonalds sign and decided to buy a couple of Big Macs and eat them in the car by the water.....that would be lunch!


They were good - we had been hungry! We then continued on our trip, stopping at different places to admire the scenery or go a walk. 


 We ended the day with dinner in a cafe in a town called Roskilde. The food was soooo good!


It was then time to head home again. Sara and Christian were coming to stay the night as we were all going to our niece`s wedding the next day.  We arrived home exactly the same time as Sara and Christian - that was good timing. The rest of the evening was spent on the sofa, talking and watching TV. 

On Saturday morning the house was all go. We had a wedding to get ready for and everyone was rather excited!!



 Sigrid, our niece was just beautiful. It was just the sort of dress I imagined her to wear - sooo beautiful. 


Sigrid got her Casper <3 font="">

After the ceremony there was a reception in the church. We always love getting together in Kristian´s family and it was no different on Saturday.....



                                                     The cake was delicious.....


 After the reception at the church, it was then unto the party. We had the most delicious 3 course meal. Loads of speeches were held for the Bride and Groom. At 11.50pm they got to dance their first dance and then a band played for the next two hours.  The band was fantastic and since I love to dance, I didn´t sit down once. I danced for 2 hours solid!! I was feeling great dancing away that was until Sunday morning, when I had to get up. NO JOKE - I COULD NOT WALK!!! haha 

The Bride and Groom left the wedding at 2.30am and by the time we said our goodbyes and drove home it was 3.45am. We were shattered. So Sunday was a quiet day for us. I couldn´t walk, my right leg and heel were killing me, so I hobbled out of bed and unto the sofa, were I spent the whole day with my leg raised up on the sofa. I really thought I wouldn´t be able to go to work today and was a little worried that I would need to cancel my trip to London for the Hillsongs Woman´s Conference starting on Thursday so I did what is natural for me to do - I prayed. 

I lay in bed last night with my hand on my heel and spoke the promises in God´s word about healing, over my heel and leg. I then fell asleep and woke this morning in no pain. I even went training this afternoon!!   Normally if my heel is sore (I have problems with Achilles Tendonitis) it can take days for it to get better, so this is another miracle from God. 

No comments: