Sunday 5 June 2016

A couple of good days....


On Thursday I was out with my colleague. She had invited me on a trip to see where she had grown up. We had a really cosy, fun afternoon.


It started with a visit to the church where she had been christened, confirmed and married. It was a beautiful old church which was open so we could go inside and see around. 

We saw her old school, her old home and we visited old castle ruins. She had bought strawberry cake and coke along and so we found a beautiful place to stop and enjoyed them along with the hot weather and sunshine!

We headed into one of the local seaside towns and sat down by the harbour.

We ordered fish for dinner....

It was sooo delicious.
 We ended the evening down on the beach with a cuppa. The perfect end to a perfect day! I felt like I had been away on a holiday - none of us wanted to go to work the next day!! A really lovely day!

On Friday the weather was still sunny and hot! (We have had this weather for a few weeks now!) I was dying at work. It was just too hot, so I left work an hour earlier. I had a plan. I decided to invite my hubby on a picnic date with me that evening. 

I left work and went shopping to get all the things I needed for the picnic. I sent Kristian a text asking if he wanted to go on a date - thankfully he said yes! :-)

 When Kristian arrived home we headed out on our bikes. We wanted to find a place to sit and eat near a lake so we headed to our local lake, thinking we would just bike along the path down to a bigger lake a little further away, however we stumbled upon this lovely area and decided to stay and picnic. It was beautiful.
We had the whole place to ourselves, not one person came by, at least for about 3 hours, then we suddenly heard talking and laughing and from out of the forest came our neighbour Laura and our friend Pernille! They were so surprised to see us. We had a good chat with them before they went on their merry way. 


We sat there for hours and talked and enjoyed the nature around us. We enjoyed catching up with each other. Last week had been busy for us so when Kristian was home, I was gone and vice versa. It was great to be able to start the weekend like this - together. 



We had some fun taking silly pics. We were trying to be young, hip and cool and take selfies like a couple of young people.....

But it didn´t really work!!! Gave us a laugh though :-)


Yesterday was also a fantastic day here in Denmark - sunny and hot again!! Maybe a little too hot for my liking. 

After a quick clean of the house, Kristian and I spent the day in the garden getting things cleared up and cleaned. I do not enjoy gardening but it felt good to get things cleared up. 

I went shopping and bought some new plants and got them planted too. Now the garden looks a bit decent again. Although I think I want a plastic garden so it just looks nice and I don´t ever have to weed or look after it!! I would much rather spend my time reading, drawing or painting haha


No comments: