Wednesday 1 June 2016

Summer is here....

.....at least for a few days! The weather has been fantastic here and everyone has been enjoying the heat and sun. I must say though that today was a little too warm for me. We had temperatures of 28 degrees and that is fine when you can just sit in the shade and read - it´s another story when you have to work!!

On Thursday at work our 9th graders finished school. They have study time and then exams but it was the end of school as they have known it. It is such a big thing here in Denmark and it is a really fun day for everyone. The 9th graders always put on a good show and this year they didn´t disappoint. 


Last weekend Kristian headed to Århus to a race. Sara´s Christian was racing and my Kristian was going to take photos. He was the offical photographer at the race. It´s a big event in Århus and even though I did consider going with him, I decided in the end to stay at home. We have had something on each weekend for the last many weekends so I was looking forward to a weekend alone. (Well being alone during the day, Leah was home in the evenings.)

Leah was working on Saturday so I spent the day clearing up my desk. I cleared out and got organised. It felt so good. 

I had a nice organised desk at the end. On Saturday night I picked Leah up from work and we headed to McDonalds to get ourselves a burger, which we took home and ate on the sofa while we watched a girly film. It was cosy.

On Monday the kids at school got creative - they made these animal fruits. I think they are soooo cool! 

On Tuesday evening Andrew, Camilla and Lasse came for dinner. We decided to BBQ. It was good to see them again. We missed Sara and Christain. 


After dinner we decided to go a walk. We have a hill beside us which we have nicknamed Big Mountain as it´s the highest thing around here. So we went a walk up Big Mountain. It was such a beautiful evening!






We saw this wee guy on the way. Someone hitched a ride with him!! :-)


Today a pracel came for me. Something I have been waiting for, for about a week. 

 I ordered a new Bible. It´s called a Journalling Bible and there is space in it to be able to write notes or draw. I got the ESVersion as I didn´t have any in that translation. Bible journalling is big in the States and when I read about it last week I just had to get myself one of those Bibles. Here I can incorporate Art with Bible reading. 

I am hoping that by illustrating special verses that speak to me. that it will help me remember them. 

 I decided though just to decorate the first page for fun...... It says God... is the Ultimate Artist.


 Tonight a verse in Psalm 18, 28 spoke to me so I illustrated it.....
 and some verses from Psalm 19.....
I have had a blast this evening. I think I am going to like this Bible journaling!!

No comments: