Thursday 28 July 2016

Home again....

We have been home for a week now. Out is good but home is best.

Our last few days in Aarhus were lovely and relaxing. We didn´t do too much, we had seen the things we wanted to see and we were ready for home, but we had to stay until we heard more about our car. The workshop opened on Monday morning but they didn´t have time to look at it then, they said they would get to it on Tuesday.

On Tuesday morning the phone rang and it was the workshop. The news was not good. It was a big job and it would be exspensive!!! GREAT!!! They didn´t know when they would have our car ready, maybe by the end of the week or at the start of next week (which, at the time of writing this, would be this week.) When we heard this we decided not to stay, we would get the bus back home and then Sara could bring the car to us the next time that she was coming over.


So Tuesday afternoon found us packed and ready for home. We caught the 2pm bus from Aarhus to Copenhagen, a 4 hour journey. It was a great journey home. The bus was a double decker and we got to sit on the front seats, upstairs. It was like being a kid again on one of the Sunday School Bus runs!




The rest of the week was spent at home working about the place as well as relaxing. We spent some time working on the garden, cutting the hedge around the house and clearing up the flower beds.





I finally got our house number painted on our garage wall. I have been wanting to do this for the last 4 years!!




On Saturday I went to our local cinema to see Andre Rieu´s concert LIVE from Holland. I was sooo looking forward to it. My friend from work was going with me and since we both love our food, we decided to meet for dinner before the concert. 


It was a brilliant concert!! I was totally into it, I forgot that I was in a movie theater and clapped, danced in my seat and cheered and clapped at the end of every number. I had a brilliant time. The other folks around me were all very quiet. 

Sunday evening we were together with the neighbours to eat dinner. We do this every season and so now it was time for the summer get together.  We are 3 families that meet up and each one takes a dish of something to share. We had such a lovely evening with our friends. 


 I had a bit of trouble trying to lie down in the hammock!! haha

Trust Kristian to get a photo of it!! haha


Kristian started back to work on Monday and on Monday evening we had Kristian´s mum and her friend Vibeke, here for dinner. We had a lovely evening together with them. 

I have had this week off and have enjoyed the time here at home. I have been reading a lot, doing some bible journalling and trying my hand at a bit of baking. Some of the things I baked turned out good, others didn´t - but it was fun trying different cakes.




Today (Thursday) I went with Kristian´s mum down to visit her granddaughter (my neice) her husband and little girl. They live over in Jytland and we don´t see them that often but they were at a Bible Camp not too far from us, so we spent the afternoon with them. We had such a lovely time.

Now I only have tomorrow and the weekend to relax and then it´s back to porridge for me. I am actually looking forward to getting back to work and back to every day life again. We have had a wonderful, relaxing holiday and we have made many great memories but getting back into a routine again will be good too. 

No comments: