Monday 5 December 2016

A mini break....

Friday 25th November: I was off work!! I decided to visit Copenhagen. I spent the day Christmas shopping. It was Black Friday and I was hoping to get a few good deals! I did!! 

I ended up walking 13.74km up and down the streets of Copenhagen. (I have a watch which counts my steps!) I had a blast, and bought a few Christmas presents, but the best part was the service I got in the shops. The shop assistances were soooo friendly, chatty and helpful - they made my day 


I found a Christmas shop - 3 floors with nothing but Christmas decorations! I must have spent an hour in that place!!! Everything was way overpriced so I didn´t buy anything but I sure had fun wandering about looking at all the beautiful stuff.




When Kristian finished work he came and met me. By this stage the City was packed with people and Kristian just couldn´t deal with it - he wanted out of the big city, so we left and escaped to one of the smaller towns, to a small cafe were we had a delicious dinner. 



Saturday 26th December: We had a lovely long sleep!! Then we got the house cleaned and sorted. We spent the rest of the day decorating the house. Lights were put up, stockings hung and I even got creative and made a few candle holders and an advents light. It was such a cosy day just here at home.



The man sitting on our sideboard with the matchstick and lamp was a gift to me from Leah.  

 We had been out shopping together when I saw him and I fell in love. I was going to buy him but then changed my mind before getting to the cash desk. 
I said to Leah, "I´m not going to buy him, I can use that money on Christmas presents instead" and I left him back. 
Well a few days later Leah came home with a present for me - yes it was him. That really touched my heart - what a sweet thing to do.


 I made the candle holders above. I bought the glass holders, sprayed them with frosted glass paint and then painted on the nativity scene. Finally I added some string. If I was to do it over again I would make the figures bigger, but sure you learn from your mistakes! 

It was fun to be creative again.


One day while walking in the forest,  I found an old branch so I brought it in and decorated it with small latterns and stars. It looks so cosy over our dining room table


 I also made our calendar light.



It was fun decorating the place


 Above is my favourite place. My reading/quiet time chair = happy place :-)


 Kristian went down into the fields behind our house and found moss, pines etc so I could make an Advent Light. (What is it called in English - I can´t remember!!! ) I was all pleased with it.


Sunday 27th November:  Kristian was taking me on a date. He had arranged for us to go to a Christmas concert. Late afternoon we headed to the local cinema where they were showing André Rieu´s Christmas concert. It was sooo wonderful. I LOVED it and I sooo appreciated Kristian doing this as he is not a huge fan of Andre Rieu but yet he sat through it (and actually did enjoy it) for me. 

When it was finished we headed over to our local Italian restaurant for dinner. A lovely way to end the day.



Monday 28th November:  I was still off work. It was wonderful to wake up and not have to get up to go to work. I am sooo ready for the pension! haha  I spent the day relaxing at home. I saw a Christmas film, I baked some cookies and I read some books. It was soooo wonderful to be able to do whatever I wanted with my day.



Tuesday 29th November: I was still off work!!! I got up and got the Christmas music on and then spent the day packing presents and getting things organised around the house. 
It was just soooo wonderful!!



Wednesday 30th November: I was back at work again. I was ready. I had had a lovely long weekend at home. I had gotten my house decorated, most of the Christmas shopping done and I was feeling like I was on top of things for once! 

When I got back to school, the kids had been busy decorating their classrooms. There were some really good ideas among them! I enjoyed going around seeing what they had been up to while I had been gone. 




Friday 2nd December: It was Kristian´s aunts 70th birthday. She had invited the family to come to an open house from 10am to 4pm. We just had to show up  whenever it suited between that time frame. Kristian and I took a couple of hours of work and headed down at 2pm to her place. 

It was such a lovely afternoon. They live in a beautiful place with beautiful views.  We enjoyed seeing Kristian´s cousins again. It´s not that often that we get to see them. We spent a lovely few hours eating cake and catching up with them and their families. 




Saturday 3rd December: Girls day!! I was meeting my friend Audry for our traditional Christmas shopping day. We headed to Rødovre Centre and spent a few wonderful hours there. We realised on Saturday that it was 20 years ago this last summer that  we got to know each other! Amazing - I can´t believe the years have gone by sooo fast!

While I was out with Audry, Kristian was at his traditional Chrstimas lunch/dinner with his guy friends. This year it was being held in one of the homes near the sea, so they had a lovely afternoon walk along the coast, then loads of good food and conversation. 

When I got back from my trip with Audry it was then girls night for me and Leah over at the neighbours. We watch a Christmas film together every year and so it was time for that on Saturday night. 

We had such a cosy evening together. 


I feel blessed - life is good.

No comments: