Saturday 10 December 2016

It´s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....


The house is decorated, the shopping nearly all done, the Christmas CDs are playing and we have seen a few Christmas films - yes it´s starting to look a lot like Christmas!

On Tuesday I went to the hairdresser and got my hair sorted for the holidays. Once again I am silver!! All the bottle colour has been cut out.  I am considering leaving it silver for Christmas (to match the season and all :-) but then again, maybe not.

After I had been to the hairdressers I had a date planned with my good friend Genny. We met up at the local cafe and had some delicious food and a good chat. It was lovely to catch up with her.

 
On my way home I called by my good friend Rhona to wish her an early Happy Birthday (it was her birthday the next day). Sooooo good to see her, even though it was brief. She had also been to the hairdressers that day and had a totally new haircut! She looked sooo different, and sooo good!!
Finally at 8.30pm I arrived home. It had been a long but good day!


Wednesday I was out biking again with the old man from the home. It was raining and so I wasn´t sure if he would want to go out, but he did. We had a lovely bike ride in the rain. I was totally soaked by the time we were finished as I had forgotten to take my rain clothes with me to work, but it was worth it. He was so happy for the bike ride.

 This was the last time I would take him out before Christmas and so I wished him a Merry Christmas and told him I would be back again in the new year. Before he went inside he gave me a wee kiss on the cheek and a big smile - that made my day!


Thursday evening was our sewing/knitting night. This was the second time we would meet together. Last time I made a curtain for the kitchen window. This time I decided that I would knit. I started a blanket and so spent the evening knitting and chatting to my friend Pernille who has opened her home for this sewing/knitting club. 



Friday evening was our Christmas party at work. I was soooo looking forward to good food and a bit of fun with my colleagues.

The invite said: Dress code - Come in something that you don´t usually wear at work.

Well most people arrived in fine, party dresses or a suit and tie, all dressed up for a party, but I arrived in my PJs and rollers! haha


There were a few of my other colleagues dressed up a little crazy, but most were in sensible clothing!

They had been very creative in setting the table. The food was delicious and we had a great night of fun and games.


Today Kristian and I went out to do some shopping. We ended up at Fields, a huge shopping centre near the airport. My goal was to get the last of the presents in so that I wouldn´t have to shop anymore, but things didn´t go as I had planned. I only bought one present, so I still have a couple of presents yet to get. We did, however have a lovely day out together and got ourselves a KFC for lunch!!


Tomorrow afternoon we are hoping to get our Christmas tree and get it up!!! Yes, it sure is beginning to look a lot like Christmas:-) 

No comments: