Monday 6 May 2013

A successful weekend......

.....that started with a Mother and Daughter day out. 

We decided to head out for brunch and then do a bit of shopping. I needed a new dress for Mia´s confirmation and Leah was going to help me find something. I hate shopping for clothes, the styles in Denmark are only for tall, thin people and if you are a little on the larger size, they only have baggy clothes. 

 While we were gone Andrew was out trying to get a tan! The weather was fantastic...really sunny and warm!!

Brunch was delicious......


Then it was off shopping. Already after the first shop I was getting depressed.....however in shop number 2 I found a dress that would possibly do the job.  I tried it on, liked it and was delighted to see it was on sale and was actually below what I was willing to pay (and that wasn´t very much!!) so I was VERY happy.

The rest of the day we spent just going around looking at stuff without any stress. (In the whole of the town I didn´t find another single thing that I liked!!) But we had fun window shopping and dreaming.

It was late afternoon when we got back. 

When we arrived home Laura was working in the garden and so we got to chatting. We ended up deciding to eat dinner together again. Kristian was away on a go-kart weekend and so us girls decided to hang out together.

After dinner we went a walk down to the lake. It was such a beautiful evening. I just feel so blessed to live so close to this wonderful lake and be surrounded by such beautiful nature.


Leah and Mia came too....

We ended the evening watching a film together, home at our place.

Today after church Leah had to work and I went and visited my friend Rhona. She had an old school friend visiting from England that I wanted to meet. I spent a lovely hour with them. Orginally I was only meant to stay 15 minutes....but time flies when you´re having fun! Her friend was such a lovely person, so glad I got to meet her.

Then I made a quick trip to Ikea. We are off work this coming Thursday (bank holiday) and so I want to get a lot of sorting out done. I needed to get big cardboard boxes to put stuff in, when I start my sorting, come Thursday.  Since all my afternoons are booked between now and Thursday I needed to get them today. I had a lovely hour walking around, although they have changed a lot in our Ikea since the last time I was there and not all of it is good!!! Umh......maybe I should get a job in there!! Get things sorted out!  Just imagine getting paid to go there!!!

Just as I got home, Kristian arrived home too. He suggested going for a bike ride. My first bike ride this season.....or maybe its my first bike ride in the last 2 years!! Boy it was hard!! haha

Then this evening we BBQ´ed. I think we have BBQ´ed more here in the last two months than we did the last two years at our apartment. We are loving this outdoor life!!


2 comments:

Etta said...

great to have the weather to bbq Laura. We had our "summer" this week - two beautiful sunny days and now there are gales and heavy rains threatened for tomorrow - and some places had thunder and hail today! It's mad.

GB former members were out for dinner last night - you'd have enjoyed it.

Laura said...

I am so enjoying bbqing Etta. Why does the weather have to change sooo much??!!!! It was the same here, we had lovely weather then rain and thunder the next. One day you wake up to summer, the next day autumn!! Crazy.

Glad you had a great time at the GB former members dinner....would love to have been there!! I like the name "former members" instead of "old girls!" hahaha