Monday 13 May 2013

Celebrations.....

On Thursday we were all off school and work. I celebrated the day by getting some clearing out done. I know we only moved a few months ago but it is amazing how much stuff we gather together. Also, I wanted to get some of my Sunday School material organised...it desperately needed it.



I also got my studio cleared up and all my paints organised.....



 And I found some "old" friends.... (Rhona I haven´t forgotten that Freddy is yours!)



Thursday evening and the place looked like a cat home!! Kristian and Leah seem to attract all the cats in the area! Suddenly there were 4 cats in our house on Thursday evening - Shadow(our cat) Bert (Laura´s cat) Mille and Charlie (our neighbour´s two cats.) Finally I kicked all the cats out along with  Kristian and they had a great time playing outside.




Friday was also a bank holiday for us. It was just wonderful having two days off!! It was spent doing a bit of gardening and clearing up....(as well as some shopping.)

 So much skvalderkål which I think is ground elder in English. Kristian used a fare bit of time on this little bit. I continued with it Sunday afternoon and we are now half way through!! 




Saturday we went to Mia´s confirmation. It was such a lovely day. A lovely church service followed by great food, fun and laughter with her family and friends. 


My lovely wee hubby looking all smart in his suit and tie :-)



On Sunday morning we could´t get to church. The roads out around us were closed until 2.15pm. There was a bike race and it was going right past our house so we (Laura and I ) decided that we would make a picnic lunch and serve it outside the house, complete with ghettoblaster and Danish flags to cheer the bike riders on. 1800 bikers passed by. We had great fun! We got all our chairs lined up outside the house. The guy that lives above us also joined us and we cheered those bikers for all we were worth. 

When it was finished we all went home to Laura and watched "Wild Hogs" - just love that film! (Plans are now in the pipe line for a girly road trip!!!) 

 After another little bit of gardening I made dinner for us all. Laura and Mia then went home and we all went to bed early after a very eventful few days. Once again I feel so blessed to have so many great people in my life. 

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Just catching up with your posts Laura, you are always busy! You are totally nuts - especially flashing your underwear here, there and everywhere!!!! Some things never change hahahaha