Tuesday 20 October 2015

Holiday.....

Last week I was off work. I loved having time off!! So how did I spend my week?

Well, Monday morning found me up early with Kristian. He had to go to work (poor man) and I decided to get up early with him so I could get some things done around the house. My goal for the day was to get our wardrobe sorted and to put away our summer clothes and find our winter clothes. I got it all sorted and it felt so good to have a tidy organised wardrobe again. Now lets see how long that will last - usually not long!

On Monday afternoon I left Leah to the bus station so she could take the bus out to Andrew´s place. She was going to spend the afternoon with him and then stay for dinner.  Kristian was going to help at the go-kart shop after work and he would  pick Leah up on the way home. So I was on my own for the afternoon and evening and I decided to make the most of it! With the house organised and tidy, I decided I would spend some time reading and got to finish my book.

I also worked on a project that I have wanted to work on for while, but haven´t had much time for. It was to make a prayer book/journal. This I got started on...

I would love to have a more organised prayer time during my quiet times and when I saw this idea on youtube I thought it could be the very thing to help me. I have adapted the idea to something that I think would work for me.


So I bought a file, plastic covers, dividers, fancy backing paper and ordinary lined paper. I have called the prayer journal " My War Book" as it will contain things that will help me do battle in the spiritual realm through prayer.



I have the book divided into 5 areas. Worship - Laura & Kristian (our marriage) - My children - Thankfulness - Days of the week.

Under Worship I have a 30 day calendar with the names and attributes of God. Each day I can pick one of these things to focus on. The plan is also to have words from worship songs, or bible verses, psalms in here. Just anything that can help me focus on worshipping God.


Laura -  Here I will have a list of character traits that I want to see become fruitful in my life. Here I can pray about myself and ask God to show me what needs to be changed in my life - and help me change those things. I can add prayer requests to this section too.

Kristian - Here I have a list of things I can pray for, for my husband - his character traits, areas in his life that I should pray over. I found a 30 day calendar with a list of different things to focus on for each day. I also wrote my own list out from the book-  The Power of a Praying Wife. Here again I can write down special prayer points as challenges come along.
Marriage - comes under this point too.




Under the title "My children"  I have a list of things that I am praying for for them. Here I can write down different prayer requests as they need prayer for different things.




Thankfulness - Here I each day need to think of something to be thankful for and write it down.

So the idea is that each day I go through these sections and just focus on one thing from each section every day.  So everyday I will worship, pray about some area of my life, about Kristian´s life and the kids life, then I will focus on something to be thankful about. After that, the idea is to go to the "Days of the Week".

On a Monday I will pray for the rest of the family - Kristian´s family, my family in Ireland. Here I have photos of different family members and I take one or two family members and pray for them on a Monday. Also if the family have special prayer requests I can write them down and put them in here so I remember to pray.

Tuesday is friends day. Here I will have photos or names of friends. I can go pick one or two friends and pray for them. Again any special prayer requests for friends can be written in here.

Wednesday is colleagues. (Photos or names written....you work your way through the list, praying for one or two at a time.)
Thursday is church leaders.
Friday is missionaries. (Prayer letters - prayer cards etc can be put in a plastic cover under this day.)
Saturday and Sunday I left free to write down things God puts on my heart to pray for.

I will give this a try and see if it helps me be a bit more organised in my quiet time. I do tend to pray about all sorts of things while I am at work. That´s the privelege of having a job were I don´t need to use my mind!! haha So while washing floors I pray for situations and people that come to mind. :-)

Tuesday and I was up early again with Kristian. I decided I would spend the morning up in town having a look around the shops to see if there were any good bargins. I had a lovely morning walking around the shops.Then I did some food shopping and headed home to make some delicious food

Sara was arriving home from America!! She was landing in Copenhagen in the afternoon and her Christian was going to pick her up. They would then come here for dinner and stay the night. Andrew and Camilla were also coming for dinner. So it would almost be a full house! Leah wouldn´t be eating with us as she had a driving lesson, she would first be home later in the evening.

Tuesday afternoon I spent making Pavlova (Sara´s favourite) and getting all the vegetables cut up and ready for dinner. Sara and Christian arrived around 4pm and Camilla and Andrew were not far behind them. Then my Kristian arrived home. I pulled out all the stops and had a 3 course meal ready for us to enjoy. It was really good!! But by the end of the evening my house looked like a bomb had exploded!!! What happened to the new organised home??!!!

Wednesday morning and I slept to 10am!!! All the hard work of making food and serving them all had exhausted me! Before Sara and Christian headed back to Ã…rhus I decided to make a big brunch for them. Once again I was in the kitchen. We had a lovely brunch and had such a cosy morning sitting talking. Laura came in to hear about Sara´s trip as she comes from San Fransico and Sara was in that area.

Around 1pm Sara and Christian left and I got stuck into organising (yet again) my house that literally looked like a hurricane had gone through it. It´s lovely having them all home but it´s also lovely when they all go again!! haha

 My kitchen!!! What on earth happened???!!!
Wednesday evening and Kristian was at his go-kart shop after work so Leah and I had leftovers for dinner and then settled down to watch a few girlie films. It was such a lovely relaxing evening! Just what we both needed!

Thursday, Kristian was off work. Finally some holiday for him.  It was sooo good to have him home. We decided we would go out for the day. We headed to town as we had a couple of gift cards to use from our Silver Wedding Anniversary. We spent the morning looking in all the different shops. We had a lovely lunch in a new cafe that recently opened and then we continued our shopping until the afternoon.  We ended up buying a game that we can play when the whole family are together. So we got to use one of the gift cards. Late afternoon we headed home again and had an easy dinner of bread and salami. The evening was spent in front of the TV.

Friday we had a lovely long sleep!!! Then Kristian got up and headed down to Andrew´s to put up some shelves and lamps. I headed to Ikea to have a look around to see if they had gotten anything new since the last time that I had been there!! haha (No nothing new since last Saturday!!)  When I was finished I headed over to Andrews to pick Kristian up. Andrew was keeping Kristian´s car so he could get to work on Saturday. Kristian wasn´t totally finished when I arrived, so I kicked back on the sofa and watched TV while the men finished off the jobs of putting shelves and lamps up.

When Kristian was finally finished we headed home in my car. On the way home we decided to call into a shopping centre near Andrew´s place. We had never been there before and since I needed to get some milk we thought we could check out the centre and buy the milk at the same time. We walked about the place for about 20 minutes and then went and got the milk.

When we got back to the car there was something on the windshield. What on earth could that be? OH NOOOOOO -  I had gotten a ticket!!!! I forgot to set my parking sign!!! I NEVER, EVER FORGET TO DO THAT!!! How did I forget??? I have no idea, Kristian didn´t think of it either.



Well it was an exspensive carton of milk that we got!! I now have to cough up 750kr (about 75 pounds!!!!) for a 30 minutes visit to a shopping centre!!! I was kicking myself the whole way home!! (Well actually I was hitting my forehead with my hand the whole way home and shouting "STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!!) If there is one thing I hate giving money to, it´s parking!!! It´s my first ticket in 25 years. I have never gotten a parking ticket, or a speeding ticket ever. I was not a happy camper!!

Ah well - life goes on.....

And it did. Saturday we had arranged to go to Sweden with Leah and her boyfriend Lasse. They wanted to see the big shopping centre over there. Leah and Lasse shopped and Kristian and I just enjoyed being out and about with them. We had a lovely time in Sweden.

 Eating subway for lunch.....Yummie!!
Now we are all back at work again. (That´s ok - I love my work, so going back is not a problem at all!)

This evening (Tuesday) we had arranged a cosy dinner night with our neighbours - Laura, Mia, Thomas and Pernille and their son. It was such a lovely evening. Everyone came over to us.







Pernille made chilli, I made the rice, Laura made salad and bread and I made dessert. We had such a great night catching up with each other. Having good friends as neighbours is just wonderful!! We want to have these evenings a bit more often!

Phew that was a long update!! Note to self:- Update a bit more often! :-)

No comments: