Sunday 1 November 2015

Oops I forgot to update.....

Again it has been a week since I last updated!! So here comes another mega update....

Last Friday (23rd October) I had invited some of my colleagues (8 of them) home for dinner. So Friday afternoon I left work an hour early so I would have time to prepare for them. The best thing was - I wasn´t at all stressed. I came home and actually had a cosy time getting everything ready. I found myself enjoying it all. It felt totally weird not to be stressed. I got the food prepared, the table set, had a shower and even relaxed a bit before they came.

We had a great night together. My main course turned out brilliantly!! I couldn´t believe how everything turned out!! haha I was amazed - I even enjoyed the food and everyone raved about how good it was. They were a lucky bunch - they happened to visit on one of my good nights!

So we stuffed our faces. I had made a 3 course meal and in between the main course and dessert I had a quiz called "How well do you know your colleague". A quiz to see how much we knew about each other. It was fun and we had a good laugh at some of the questions.

The rest of the evening was spent chatting together. We did check out our 3D TV, which they wanted to see, so everyone got their glasses on and we saw a short bit of a 3D film. 

It was midnight before they all headed home. They seemed to have a really good evening, we really enjoyed having them. When they went Kristian and I decided we would get the whole kitchen cleared as we didn´t want to get up to a messy kitchen in the morning. By 1.30am the house was all clean and tidy again and we were totally ready for bed.

Saturday was a relaxing day. I spent most of the day reading. I got one book finished and started another. Saturday evening we had left overs for dinner and then Laura came over to see a film. We ended up seeing two films that evening and since the clocks went back an hour, we didn´t even get to bed late!!

Monday after work I went and collected my friend Audry and we headed to our favourite place - Ikea. We had a great night looking around. I only spent 33kr (3 pounds!!) while Audry went a bit mad and spent more than she should have! haha  When Ikea closed at 9pm  we headed over to McDonalds and ended our evening there, chatting and catching up on each others lives. 


It has been busy at work this week. The fund raising is going well and our rainbow is getting more colours on it each week. Only two more weeks left!!

One of my colleagues turned 50 this week, so we had a celebration for her. I think she really enjoyed her day and we got to enjoy some lovely home made scones and cakes from her. 

Thursday evening I went to a meeting in one of the local churches. A Messianic Jew and a Christian Palestinian were talking about their life in Israel and the work that they are involved with. They are trying to reconcile the two sides through the love of Christ. It was a really interesting meeting. It was great to hear both their view points on things and to experience the unity they had through Christ.

Friday I was at a first aid course with work. I am sooo glad I am not a nurse!! It was fun and interesting but I really hope I am never in the situation to have to give heart massage or mouth to mouth!


This weekend has been a really relaxing one for Kristian and me. Kristian is finally finished with go-kart races for this season and so he is now home every weekend. We just love to hang out together and that´s basically what we did this weekend.
We enjoyed the Autumn weather and the nature changing all around us.

In between hanging out with hubby and relaxing, I started a new book by John Bevere - Good or God, I think it´s going to be a good, challenging read.  I also found my flute again.  I got it cleaned up and I have decided that I am going to practise playing it everyday!! (ummmh....let´s see if that happens!)

On Saturday evening we made some great food (again) and got ready to welcome any neighbours that came by with children for trick or treat. I had craved a pumpkin, put up a few decorations and had loads of sweets ready if anyone did knock the door.  I also love any excuse to dress up so I got dressed up as the crazy cat woman, ready to scare anyone that knocked the door.


We had a few neighbours come by and it was just great to get to chat with them. They loved that I was dressed up and that the place was decorated. We found out where they lived in the village and had a really great chat and good connection with them.

Andrew came for dinner this evening. It was lovely to see him. Tomorrow he  heads to Dublin with his college. He will be there from Monday to Friday. Lucky him - I wish it was me going home again!!

Now a new month has began and along with it comes my, yet again, healthy eating plan!! Let´s see if I can get a few kilos off before Christmas!!! 

No comments: