Sunday 8 November 2015

What a day!!!

Yesterday (Saturday) I got to spend 12 hours with my good friend - Anne. It´s so weird when the day goes by so fast and you feel like you have only had about 3 hours together, then discover it has been 12!!! We had a fantastic day!

It started at 10am when I jumped on the train and Anne was sitting waiting on me. The talking started and it didnt stop until I got off the train again at 10.30pm!!

We had planned a girls day out in Copenhagen. Our first stop was at a rooftop cafe for brunch. I must say we didn´t really take in much of the view, we were too busy talking. We had a delicious brunch though and then headed out to shop.




We visited a lot of shops and I bought a couple of plaques with sayings on them for the wall of my kitchen. (I don´t really have anymore room for them, but where there´s a will there´s a way!!) Anne bought some perfume. It was fun to shop.

Then at 2.15pm we headed over to the theatre. We were going to see the 3pm show of....The Sound of Music! We were as usual late!!! The reason being that we had come out of one of the department stores by the wrong exit and we were so busy talking that we didn´t realise we were going in the wrong direction until I saw "The Round Tower" which I knew we shouldn´t be seeing! HELP - we didn´t have time for this!! We had to walk very quickly and at times run to get to the theatre on time! We made it but we were so sweaty!! We sure had a laugh though!


At the theatre we met my niece. My friend Jette was actually meant to meet us at the theatre but she had gotten sick so 1½ hours before the show and we suddenly had an extra ticket. My niece lives in Copenhagen and so we thought if she could get down to the theatre quickly she could use the ticket and that´s what she did! I´m glad she was happy to join two oldies like us!!

As we walked into the theatre we literally bumped into 8 friends from church who were also there. There were loads of hugs and chatting!


I LOVE being at the theatre. It´s such a magical place!


What a fantastic show!!! I enjoyed every minute of it and the 3 hours went by in a flash!! What talent! (Oh how I wish I had the voice and the looks to be part of the theatre world!! Ahhhh wishful thinking!!)
After the show we said goodbye to Sigrid and then Anne and I headed out to eat. We found a wee cafe and had dinner while we once again solved all the world´s problems and our own!

We decided we would head to another cafe for hot chocolate and coffee and so we wandered through Copenhagen looking for a suitable cafe. The rain was pouring down and I was loving every minute of it! We were getting soaked and it felt soooo great!



A lot of cafes that we found were really packed so we decided to go down some of the wee side streets to see if we could find a cosy cafe of the beaten track - we did!!! We found this cosy wee cafe with a jazz trio playing in the corner. We were soaked through, so it felt so good to come into the warmth of the place. Anne ordered a coffee and I a hot chocolate. It was delicious, the best hot chocolate I have had in a long time! We sat and enjoyed the music while, once again, we rambled on about things in our lives. Finally at 9.30pm we thought we should head over to get the train home.

It was such a great day. We couldn´t believe how quickly the time went. I so enjoy hanging out with Anne although I felt sad for Jette that she couldn´t join in the fun with us - she was missed. Hopefully the next time we arrange one of these days she will be well enough to come along.


Today the weather has been beautiful, so this afternoon Kristian and I decided to head out for a bike ride. It´s been a while since we have been out together on our bikes. We had a great ride through the forest and it wasn´t at all cold for it being November!



(An update on the house situation....Thursday I rushed home from work, got the house aired out, everything in order ready for the estate agent to come. I waited an hour and no one turned up!! I kept checking with the other neigbhours to see if he had turned up at their place but he handn´t. All very strange. No one heard anything so we have no idea when he will come again.)

No comments: