Monday 16 November 2015

Last week....

..was a quiet week for us.

I felt tired all week - it must have been after my 12½hour day with Anne!! haha It took it out of me!

Last week I set myself a challenge. I decided, after watching Jamie Oliver`s 30 minute meals, that I was going to make one of the meals and see if I could actually do it in 30 minutes. He always makes it seem soooo easy and fun, plus the food always looks delicious.

So Wednesday evening was the night for my challenge. I was going to make macaroni and cauliflower cheese, with a salad and Danish meat balls (these I added to the meal because they are so quick and easy to make and we do like our meat at dinner ). Dessert was to be different fruits baked in the oven served with cream.  So I was all fired up and ready to go - dinner would be served in 30 minutes - or maybe not!


One hour and 10 minutes later I was finished. The meat balls were ready, the macaroni was too but the salad and dessert I gave up on. It would have taken me another hour to get them ready!! All that work and the macaroni and cauliflower cheese weren´t even that nice!! The only good thing were my Danish meatballs. Ah well, you live and learn!!


Last Tuesday Sara went for an interview. She has been a bit unsettled in her job and has been thinking about trying out something different.  In her teenage years she always wanted to be a flight attendant and so when she heard that DAF (Danish Air Transport) were looking for new flight attendant trainees, she decided to apply. She was called in for an interview and was offered the job. So she starts a new chapter of her life 4th January. I think she will make a great flight attendant. She is so service minded and a real people person, so I think she will do well there.

This weekend has been very quiet and relaxing.

After work on Friday I got into my car to drive home. I turned on the radio and what did I hear? Christmas music!!! Well that was that - I was in the mood for Christmas! So instead of driving straight home I decided to go visit the local garden center. They always have a fantastic Christmas display and I thought it was time to check it out.  I was not disappointed. I walked about the place for an hour feeling all cosy and Christmasy. It was just a great way to end the week.

It was awful to wake up to the news about Paris on Saturday morning. My heart went out to all the people who lost loved ones. We spent Saturday morning fixed to the TV watching the dreadful accounts of what had happened. So very sad.

Saturday afternoon we went out for a few hours to check out a new shopping center that had opened not far from us. We had a great afternoon wandering about the place checking out all the electronic stores we could find. We had a quick lunch and late afternoon headed home again.

Saturday evening I decided I would cancel my Netflex account as I haven´t used it for about ½ year. I only joined so I could see Downton Abbey. When I joined I saw series 1-4, which was all that was available at the time.


Well, when I logged into my account on Saturday, there was a message saying that Downton Abbey series 5 was now available to view. That was my Saturday night all fixed up. I watched the one episode after the other. It was fantastic!!! The Christmas episode did make me cry though. Hearing the English Carols just made me so homesick - I suddenly really missed home, so I sat on the sofa beside Kristian and had a good old cry!! :-)

Sunday evening we had a full house. Andrew, Camilla, Leah and Lasse were all here for dinner and we had a really cosy time together. The evening went by so fast and it was fun catching up with them all.

No comments: