Monday 16 May 2016

Rather uneventful....

Last week was rather uneventful. After a few busy weekends with weddings and confirmations, life settled down to it´s normal pace. 

The weather turned fanastic here. The week before I went to London I was wearing winter clothes and we had sleet and snow. The week after London the weather started to get warmer and warmer and last week we had temperatures of 20 -22 degrees. We were all in shorts and t-shirts. 

So I made the most of the good weather by going a lot of walks in the evening. 


On Monday evening I decided to find myself a special place to hold my quiet times with God, during the summer months. A place I can walk to, sit down, read, pray and worship.  I found this wonderful spot on Monday evening and throughout this last week have enjoyed my special times there. 




The words from Isaiah really ring true " Even youths my grow tired and weary, but those that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength."  At times last week I was feeling weary, but those special moments of waiting on God renewed my strength and gave me what I needed to keep going on. 

So I have done a lot of walking this week, in the evenings.  Walking alone but also with hubby. We went exploring and discovered a few more beautiful walking paths. 







On Tuesday I went with my neighbour to the cinema. It was my birthday present from her. We went to see Mother´s Day and really enjoyed it. 

We had talked about going to McDonalds before the film, but we decided we would be good and eat at home. So we were good. I only ate a chicken salad and was feeling so proud of myself for being good. But you know what they say "Pride comes before a fall!!" So when the film was over, I was straving and so was Laura as she too had only eaten a light salad. We got in the car and looked at each other, then Laura said "Lets...." and before she said anymore I said "YES!!!! lets go there!!!" hahaha I knew exactly what she was going to ask!! 

So we went to McDonalds!!! Now on the way we said to each other that we would only get 1 cheeseburger each! However when we got to the drive in window Laura ordered 2 for each of us!! After we devoured them we went and got one more each!! How disgusting are we???!!!! We felt sooo bad afterwards. No more McD´s for the next 6 weeks!!!

On Saturday I was helping at a confirmation. My friend´s son was getting confirmed and she had asked me to help in the kitchen. I thought it could be fun and I wanted to help them out. 

I was there all day Saturday and really enjoyed serving the food and clearing up all the dirty dishes after each course. I also had to entertain by turning up all dressed up to teach them the Thriller dance. It was hilarious and everyone really got into it. The day went by soooo quickly! I got home at 10.00pm totally exhausted but feeling really good about helping to make someones day special.

Today I have been off work. It´s Pentecost and so everywhere is closed. I have had a really lazy day. Leah is spending the day studying for her exams. Kristian is all in the mood to be active, so he is out clearing up the garage and as for me, I am catching up on here, on facebook and this morning I also started reading a new book by Christine Caine called Unashamed. It is really good, so as soon as I started reading my book my active mood (which I did have this morning when I woke) got up and left!!! I just want to sit and read - no fun out of me today! haha

No comments: