Monday 9 May 2016

The years roll on.....

It´s been an eventful week.

On Monday I celebrated having been 10 years at my workplace. I had actually forgotten about it but when I arrived on Monday there were flags everywhere and presents for me. I was totally taken by surprise.

 (I got a medal specially made for me by my colleage! It says "Congratulations with 10 years!")

I got a lovely bunch of flowers and a gift card to one of the local restaurants, so Kristian and I can go out to dinner. That was just so sweet of them to do something like that.


I can´t believe 10 years have gone by. When I took the job all those years ago my plan was to be there for about 3 or 4 years. I had been working as a carer for the elderly in our town but was tired of always having to work Easter, Christmas, and bank holidays. I felt like I wasn´t there for my kids, especially Leah, so that was when I started my search for a job in a school.

Leah was almost 9 years old when I got the job.  I thought if I stayed 4 years there Leah would be almost a teenager and so working holidays would not be such a problem. My plan was to go back to being a carer,  however that didn´t happen. I loved working at the school so much. What I thought was just a job to make ends meet and give me school holidays turned into a job that I have loved.

However maybe now is the time for me to try my hand at something else?!!! Who knows what the future will bring!! :-)

We had a confirmation in the family. Our niece (Kristian´s younger brother´s daughter) got confirmed on Thursday. It was a holiday here, but there was no long sleep in for us, we had to be at church for 10.30am.

The whole family were gathered and it was such a lovely service. After the service there was dinner for family and friends with loads of speeches, silly songs and fun entertainment.








It was such a lovely day in every way. We first arrived home at 10pm that evening.

Friday we were also of work. Kristian told me he had to go to work and I believed him. A little after 8am my alarm rang and Kristian was still in bed beside me. I paniced and said "Kristian you have slept in". His reply was "oh dear isn´t that awful, I don´t think I will bother going in then!" That´s when I knew he was of work, like me. Poor Leah though, had to get up and go to school. Unfortunately her school was not closed.

Kristian and I spent the day cleaning up. He cut the grass and cleaned up around the garden while I got stuck into the inside of the house which badly needed a clean.

Friday evening we relaxed and enjoyed our lovely clean, organised home. We watched some old home videos which was just lovely to see.

Saturday was my birthday. I turned 47!!! HELP!!!! I still feel about 20 - until I look in the mirror!

It was a race weekend and Kristian needed to be there to help his drivers, Leah and Andrew were both working and Sara was miles away in Århus. We would first celebrate together on Saturday evening.

My neighbour Laura invited me for breakfast at McDonalds. A few weeks back we went to McDonalds to get an egg mcmuffin but arrived at 10.20am but couldn´t buy one, they stopped making them at 10am. We both were soooo disappointed so to make up for our disppointment that day, we went back to celebrate my birthday.

Laura had decorated her car for the occassion.

We ate our muffins and then got a tour of the kitchen. I knew some of the people working there, they had been kids at my school so they were in on the fun of giving me a tour for my birthday.


After McDonalds we went furniture shopping. Laura is looking for a new sofa and we were going to check out what the different shops in the area had. We ended at the huge gardening shop with a wonderful coffee shop, though we had hot chocolate.


It was then home to relax. The weather was fanastic, it was about 22 degrees. I came home, changed into my shorts and went out into the garden to relax with my books. I spent the afternoon reading, although I did fall asleep at one stage.  It was a perfect afternoon. Just what I needed after a few busy weekends filled with activities.

At 6pm Kristian arrived home with Leah and Andrew not far behind. Lasse (Leah´s boyfriend) was at a confirmation and Camilla was in London with her mum and sister, so it was just us 4 out to dinner. We had such a lovely evening. We went to my favourite cafe and spent a few hours there catching up with each other.

It was then home to relax together on the sofa before Andrew headed back home to himself.

It was a lovely birthday. I got some great gifts. The kids gave me a basket filled with all sorts of stuff to use in the shower...brush, sponge, cream, massage thing, etc and a gift card for the body shop so now I can´t wait to go shopping there!

Kristian surprised me by getting me a new Kindle!!! That I was not expecting!! I was over the moon!! I love my books!!!

No comments: