Saturday 25 February 2017

A lovely break......

I had a lovely break from work and every day life. 

On the Tuesday of my holiday week, Kristian had off too, so we decided to spend the day today. We had gotten a gift card for Brunch at one of our local cafes, so we decided to start the day by going to the cafe to use it.  We were not disappointed in what was served up for us!! It was delicious!


After getting our bellys filled, we went on a mini roadtrip and explored different areas. It was a beautiful day.





Late afternoon we headed home again. We picked up some food from one of the local restaurants and took it home. We sat on the sofa, ate our dinner and watched TV. The perfect ending to a great day!

On the Wednesday, Kristian was back at work again and I was home. I had to look after our neighbour´s cats while they were away on holiday. Well what a morning I had!! They have a door that is not the easiest to lock! You have to lift the handle up and turn the key - well I just could not get that door to lock. I opened and closed that door about 5 times and could just not get the key to turn. Finally on the 6th attempt the key turned and when I took it out of the lock I only had half a key!!!! HELP!!! What a disaster!!! The door was still unlocked! I couldn´t leave it - I was stressed!! haha After a few phone calls and a bit of waiting around, the whole thing got sorted. Our neighbour now had a new lock and a door that I could easily get in and out of  to feed the cats!! 

I had planned to go to Copenhagen that day but by the time I got everything sorted out it was after 11am and I was exhausted!!! hahaha SERIOUSLY!!!

I decided I was not in the mood for a trip to the big city and so just spent the rest of the day relaxing at home watching TV. I read too, started a drawing (which was a mess - still working on it) and got a few things sorted out in my painting room. 



 Above is the drawing I started of myself at about 15 years old. Hahaha hilarious - still needs a lot of work!! 

Then in the evening I had dinner with my friend Audry in one of our local cafes. It was good to see her again.

On the Thursday of my holiday week, I drove Leah to work and then went to visit Kristian´s mum. She still has trouble with her back and so I said I would come visit and clean for her. I told her to give me whatever job she wanted. She gave me the bathroom. She really wanted to start some Spring cleaning and so I cleaned that bathroom from top to toe!! I love doing things like that. A couple of hours later and I was finished. We ate lunch together and then I headed home again. 



Meanwhile Kristian was off work and getting ready for a long journey. He was driving to Italy to collect go-karts for his go-kart shop. He would be gone until Monday. 

Friday was spent getting my own house cleaned and then my friend Laura and I went to the movies. We saw the film LION. Oh my, what a film!! I cried my eyes out. By the time I got home from the movies I had such a sore head. Laura stayed the night here in our spare room. It´s fun with a spontaneous sleepover.

Saturday, early afternoon,  Leah, Lasse and I went out shopping in one of the towns close by. Leah and Lasse then headed for the cinema and I headed home to make some food for myself and enjoy some alone time. It was good!



Sunday was church then an afternoon spent reading. Sunday evening Laura came over and we watched a service sent LIVE from Whitewell Church in Ireland. It was their 60th anniversary and I enjoyed having church in my own wee norn iron accent. Laura had trouble understanding half of what they said. haha My friend from school - Alex was singing at the meeting so it was great to hear his powerful voice. Unfortunately we only saw half of it as our interenet started to play up - it kept freezing. We ended the evening by putting on a DVD with Bible teaching. It was good stuff! :-)

Monday it was back to porridge again! All in all though, it was a really good, relaxing holiday! 

No comments: