Tuesday 2 May 2017

Easter........

......has come and gone without me doing any updates to the blog!  So here we go - lets see what I can remember of the last few weeks!! :-)

My Easter holidays started a little earlier than Leahs and Kristians. 
So I decided to go on a wee roadtrip by myself. I have absolutely no problem doing things on my own - I enjoy hanging out with me! haha 

(My kids think it is sooo weird when I go out to dinner, all on my own and then on to a movie - which I usually only do when Kristian is away on some trip.  I have the best time, but they just cringe when they hear about it. For some weird reason Sara usually rings me when I am sitting in the Cafe. She always asks what I am doing. When I say I am at a Cafe, her next question is "who are you with?" when I say "by myself," she freaks out!! " MUM stop going to the cafe and movies alone- its weird!!" she says. haha) 



So I packed a picnic and was ready to explore areas of Denmark where I hadn´t been before. I drove after signs to places I had never heard of and found some wonderful spots. 





 It was still a bit cold outside, so I had my picnic in the car. 



I had a really great day out. In the eveing I relaxed at home with Leah and Kristian.

Tuesday morning and the view above was mine. I was at my hairdressers. I came out Silver - yes the old Silver Fox was back (although she didn´t stay around too long. The next Saturday I coloured my hair brown again!)


After the hairdressers I went into town and did a little shopping, then it was home to find Leah clearing out and organising all our wardrobes. The washing was all sorted and the house cleaned. It was wonderful! (She loves doing washing and cleaning!) We never want her to move out! haha)


On Wednesday Kristian finally had free and so we decided to go on a date. We went out to dinner and then on for a movie. 


Already at dinner Kristian started to sneeze and his nose was running something terrible. He was beginning to get a cold. 


The next day, Thursday we had planned a roadtrip with a picnic. Kristian wasn´t feeling the best but wanted to go anyway, so we headed north. The weather wasn´t the best either, but we wanted to eat our picnic in the car and then go for a walk along the beach in the windy weather.

However while eating our picnic Kristian could feel himself getting worse. We decided to just forget the whole thing and drive home. He had fever. 


What a disappointment. We were sooo looking forward to our Easter holidays and going on roadtrips together.  We had planned to go to Sweden to hear Don Moen, the Christian Worship Leader give a concert. We had also planned to go to a Good Friday Service in a church in Copenhagen together with Kristian´s sister Hanne and husband Flemming.

We did none of those things. We had to cancel everything. Kristian lay on one end of the sofa feeling sooo rotten and I lay on the other, feeling great, I was just there to keep him company. 

It was a different Easter than we had planned but we still got to hang out together and enoyed that part of it. It was relaxing. I got to read a couple of books too!! 


On Easter Sunday he was feeling a lot better and so we were able to get to church which was fantastic as we had missed getting to the Good Friday service. 

We invited Hanne and Flemming to dinner on Sunday and had a lovely evening with them.

Easter Monday we relaxed at home and got ready for the start of another week at work. 


 The week after Easter, Sara was working for two days in Copenhagen so she came to stay here. We invited Andrew, Camilla and Lasse to come for dinner. Unfortunately Camilla and Lasse were working and so it ended up just being us five, which was really special. It´s not often it is just us five.



The weekend after Easter and Kristian was away in Jytland for a Go-Kart race. Leah was working and then going to a friends birthday so I was on my own again, this time though, I had invited a bunch of girl friends for Ladies Night.

 I enjoyed getting everything ready on the Saturday. It was all so easy going and relaxing. I baked bread, cheesecake and chocolate cake. I got pressies ready for the games we would play and got the house ready too, all without any stress. 





Ten Ladies turned up and we had such a fun night. We played some games and then we tried on all the clothes that my friend Kirsten had brought from her shop. It was chaos, but good chaos, as we girls ran around trying this and that on - we were ohhing and ahhhing at everything. It was great fun!
Those that wanted to buy did and then we stuffed ourselves with bread and cake.  We then sat around talking to rather late! A really great evening.


When everyone left, it was lovely to have this wee fury friend to go to bed with.


Other things that have happened over the last few weeks....Ummmhhh - we had our Bible Study group here and I made the most delicious dessert to serve with coffee/tea!


There has been a few bike rides with the old people. Lovely weather too!
There was also time for a trip to McDonalds with my friend Jette and her two kids. The kids enjoyed playing in the playground and we enjoyed catching up with each other.
We also fitted in a "Neighbour Night Dinner"- the neighbours came by, each with something to contribute to dinner. It was really delicious food and great company.

On Saturday Kristian was gone again to the Go-Kart track. I decided to change the house around a bit. My piano has been in our bedroom as there isn´t really room for it in the living room. But I  decided to just move it to the living room anyway, maybe I would play it more if it was out there. 

 So that´s what I did on Saturday. I turned the bed around and transformed the bedroom. I got the piano moved out into the livingroom/dining room (all by myself too - who needs a man?!!) and I actually spent time playing it! 



This evening Kristian invited me out on a date. We went to one of the local Cafés and had a wonderful meal and loads of time to talk. It was great to spend time with hubby as we haven´t seen too much of each other over the last few days. 

We ended the evening with Ice-cream!! Yummie - it was good!



(Kristian had the big ice cream - honest!! When he heard I was buying, he went all out! hahaha)

No comments: