Friday 12 May 2017

London


Thursday 4th May found me, along with two sister-in-laws, four nieces and two of their friends, in Copenhagen Airport. We were heading to London for Hillsong Church Woman´s Conference.

I was soooo looking forward to it. Four days away with God, family, friends and 11000 other women who were my sisters in Christ. I was also rather excited because I was meeting up with my friend Pauline. We grew up on the same street, went to the same school and the same church. Pauline and I had been in contact on Facebook but we hadn´t actually seen each other or talked in depth for about 24 years!!! All that was about to change!



Our travels over to London went well. I got to sit between two of my nieces. We talked sooo much that the 1 hour 50 minute flight felt like 30 minutes! Everything went like clockwork and before we knew it we were at our hotel in London.

Pauline arrived a little while after the rest of us and what a joy it was to meet up with her again after all these years


We rested a little while at the hotel before heading to Wembley Arena for the opening meeting.




The meetings were fantastic!
      
It was wonderful to stand and sing praise songs with 11000 other women, our common bond - Jesus.



My niece had a baby 2 months ago and so she came along too. It was wonderful for us oldies in the group to get to play Granny and nurse little Malou now and then.

Friday afternoon Pauline and I headed into Covent Gardens and had lunch in this tiny little Pie Shop. The food was delicious.


After lunch we headed over to Oxford Street where we shopped a little but mostly we talked! We talked soooo much that weekend! There was 24 years worth of catching up to do!


The evening was spent at the Conference again.

All day Saturday was spent  at the Conference. In between the meetings, we walked around the Outlet shops near Wembely Arena.

Sunday we slept as long as possible and checked out of our hotel room at noon. It was my Birthday and so when I came down to the lobby to hand in my key,  the family had gathered and sang Happy Birthday to me, it sounded absolutely lovely in the Hotel lobby.  Hanne, Pauline and I headed out to explore the area and we had one of my favourites for lunch - Subway.
 It was then time to say goodbye to Pauline. It was sooo wonderful hanging out with her again. We had a brilliant weekend together (at least I did!). We talked, we prayed, we sang, we reminisced and we made new memories, but most of all we laughed - boy how we laughed. It was sooo much fun.
(If you´re reading this - Thanks Pauline for a great weekend!)


When I left London my heart was full.  Over the weekend I had been reminded about how much God loves me, I had been reminded that I have an amazing Hubby, kids and  extended family.  I was also  reminded about how many great friends I have that truly enrich my life . I felt sooooo blessed as I boarded the plane home. I may not have a big car, a big house and loads of money in the bank but as I travelled home I felt like the richest woman in town! 

When I arrived at the airport Kristian and Leah were there to meet me with flags.

We drove home and held a quick Birthday celebration. They had gifts all set out for me to open. I got some wonderful presents from them.  (Necklace, face creams, gift card)

It was late when we finally all tumbled into bed and since then till now I have felt sooo blessed but sooo exhausted!!!! :-) 

No comments: