Monday 29 May 2017

Goodbye May - Hello June

Time is continuing to fly by! 

It´s been 3 weeks since my trip to London, which means it´s been 3 weeks since I last updated!!

So let´s see what I can remember from the last few weeks.....

8th May - 14th May:


The Tuesday after I came back from London found me out with my friend Audry. We went to our favourite cafe and got caught up with each other again. I got spoiled rotten with a few lovely birthday gifts from her. We had a really lovely evening together. 

Wednesday was my bike day with the old people. I always feel so good after being out on the bike. 



On the Thursday evening Andrew surprised me with a visit and we had a BBQ together. He decided to stay the night as we were all of work on the Friday. It was lovely having him home again even if it was only for one night :-)

 Friday morning and I had a good long sleep! When I finially woke I lay in bed reading, while hubby, who was feeling all fresh and energetic, cut the grass and sorted out his garage.

Friday evening we found a huge Tick on Zoey (our wee cat) we got it of and killed it outside on the ground. There was a huge spot of blood. Our neighbour Laura saw it and so when we woke on Saturday morning we saw this note on top of the blood. That set of a bit of craziness!!


I got myself dressed up as Inspector Rasmussen and went over and knocked her door. She got such a surprise when she opened her door. I explained I was here about a murder and had a few questions to ask her! And so the craziness continued!! We had a good laugh - but seriously there are wiser people locked up!! 



 Saturday, early afternoon,  hubby and I decided to have a date.  We went to one of the local cafes for lunch as they had a live band playing 50s music. We really enjoyed sitting eating our lunch and listening to the music. 

 Late afternoon Sara arrived home with her friend. They were having a girls weekend in Copenhagen but wanted to pop by us before going back home. 

We had a really cosy afternoon with them. The weather was beautiful and we were able to sit outside and enjoy our Strawberry cake and coffee. 



When they left I settled down to read my new book that I had bought in London. Unfortunately the weather changed, the sun disappeared and it suddenly got rather chilly. Kristian´s winter coat helped to keep the chill out.


Sunday was Mother´s Day and my neighbour and I have this tradition that we go out and buy each other a present. (We have been doing this for 3 years now as our kids are not very good at remembering Mother´s Day.) We go to the local garden centre -which is huge. We buy hot chocolate and cake and tell each other what great mothers we are! haha  Then we find something we want to own. I buy Laura whatever she has found, and she buys me whatever I have found. We always have sooo much fun and this Mother´s Day was no different.


 We had fun at the different displays about the place!

We always wrap the pressents to each other, even though we know what is in them!


And they have to look as ugly as possible! haha


When I arrived home from my afternoon out with Laura, Leah was home from work and had bought me a beautiful flower and was waiting to take me out to dinner. Wow!!! I was amazed! Leah is now offically my favourite child!!! haha (only joking Sara and Andrew!)

15th-21st May: 

This was a quieter week, which was what I needed.

I spent some of the time reading.

I also did some drawing....
 Friday Kristian left for a go-kart weekend and Leah was going out to eat with some friends, she would stay with them and then go to work on the Saturday. I was alone for 24 hours and I was sooo looking forward to it. 

I went by our Butcher on the way home from work and bought some delicious salads for dinner. I then sat outside in the garden and enjoyed my dinner and did some reading.


Saturday was spent in my Studio making some art work from pebbles. I had so much fun doing these. 

I then did some more drawing. The picture below was meant to be of Kristian when he was younger but it didn´t turn out like I wanted it. 



 I spent Saturday evening watching one of my favourite films - A house in Toscany. 




22nd - 28th May:

The Monday of this week held a surprise for me. I came home from work and found a small package in my post box. It was a present from my cousin Ann. A CD called The Art of Celebration. I was sooo touched to get this CD and I just love it. It has been played non stop since I got it. Thank you soooo much Ann for this! (My favourite songs are track 9, 10, 11) 

We had two days of from work this week. Thursday and Friday were holiday so it was great with only a 3 day week. I could get used to that. 

Thursday my friend Pernille had invited me out as a Birthday gift. We went to Copenhagen to "My home is my slot" exhibition. It was such a great day, the weather was beautiful and we had such a lovely day hanging out together. 













Friday we had Kristian´s brother, his wife and two kids come by for a BBQ. We had such a cosy evening with them.

Saturday Kristian and I decided to head out on a picnic. We headed West and found this gorgeous spot for our picnic lunch. The weather was gorgeous and we spent the day outside enjoying the sun and countryside. 







No comments: