Friday 6 June 2008

What a great day...


Yes, it certainly has been a great day. It started early for me...7.30am when Leah and Andrew had to get up for school. Then it was a mad half hour getting breakfast, making lunches and getting them out the door.


Kristian came to life around 9.30am and we had a relaxing morning, sitting talking and having breakfast with Sara and Winnie. Around 11.00am we were ready to head out into the world. (Sara and Winnie headed into the go-cart track) . Kristian and I decided that we would go shopping instead of going to the beach. We are going to Krisitans cousins 40th birthday on Sunday afternoon, so we thought we would go shopping for his present. We had a great time walking around town. We got what we needed, but I won´t say what, just in case Jacob´s reading this!!


We bought a couple of sandwiches for lunch and went down by the lake to eat. The weather was brilliant - the food delicious and the company just perfect!!








Came home and got ready to visit our friends, Jette and Filip. We were going over to BBQ. We always have a great time with them. Tonight was no exception!! We ate, and talked and laughed. Then we headed down to the lake, near their home. They have a canoe and we decided to go sailing. I must admit, this is NOT my favourite pass time. I do not really enjoy boats...and I dont know why. I can swim, I love to swim, but I just dont like canoe´s or boats.


I was very happy standing on the land, enjoying the landscape, the sunset and the tranquility...but my daughter, husband and so called friends, just wouldnt leave me alone, I just had to experience life out on the water......and stupid as I am, I listened to them and let them convince me. Well just take a look at the result. I was scared stiff!! Must admit that we had a good laugh, even if it was at my exspense. (I will NEVER do that again!!)




I really am scared stiff - see my body and legs!! hahaCheck out a small video clip:





We ended the evening with an ice-cream before going back to Jette and Filips for coffee. Thanks Jette and Filip for a great evening and for being the great friends you are!!

No comments: