Sunday 2 November 2014

Envelope number 4!!

So on Friday Kristian got silver envelope number 4. {If you´re wondering what on earth silver envelope number 4 is, you will need to check out the post before this "Silver hair and romance"}

I had the date idea planned for a few weeks. I just needed to get all the stuff in. The idea was to go back in time and have a 1920´s night at home.

 I love dancing and I love all the old dances...waltz, foxtrot, jive, swing etc...not that I can dance any of them. For years I have been asking Kristian to go to dance lessons to learn to ballroom dance. He has totally refused because he can´t seem to co-ordinate his feet, hands and all the other things you are meant to be doing. I had thought about booking a private lesson with a dance teacher but knew he would hate that. So I decided our date night would be a night at home, learning from youtube, to dance one of the dances from the 1920s. This I knew he wouldn´t mind and would think was fun!

So I was waiting to see which evening the kids would be out and we would have the house to ourselves so we could act like a couple of idots! That night came Friday evening (31st October) - no kids were home and I could put my plan into action.....

Kristian got his envelope which explained what was going to be happening, that we were going back in time in my time machine and he would find out what year when he got here (I know I should be locked up!!) 



Before Krisitan arrived home from work I had a lot to do!!!  I left work, a woman on a mission. First thing was to get the food in. Our butcher does these delicious ready made meals (just to be heated in the oven) so I went by there and got our main course. Then I went to the supermarket to buy stuff to make the starter and a quick visit to the bakery had the dessert sorted!

Then I needed to get our costumes ready. I drove to the outskirts of Copenhagen to a fancy dress shop but half way there realised that it was a bad idea to do that on a Friday afternoon. It was rush hour and the traffic was totally wild! Anyway I got the costumes and got home, just 20 minutes later than I had hoped.

Then there was the decorating of the living room. I got down our Christmas boxes and got all the lights we had to put around the dining room. What a job!! Why do I never pack the lights down properly??!! They were a mess, totally tangled in each other so by this time I was getting a little stressed. I rang Kristian to tell him the time machine was playing up and he first had to come home at 7pm!!

This gave me a little extra time and was just what I needed. I got the house ready, the dinner sorted and even had time for a shower! It was then into my costume to look the part....a woman from the 1920s. I was having a blast!


When Kristian came home I welcomed him at the door looking nothing like I usually do. He had such a laugh and totally got into the fun of it too. I had all his clothes ready in the bathroom so he could look the part of a 1920 gangster.





We had a delicious meal together and loads of time to talk. Then after the main course it was time to learn to dance. I found the videos that would teach us to dance like professionals! haha It was a lot harder than we thought but it gave us both such a laugh. In the end we gave up and just spent some time dancing around the diningroom like a couple of idots! But we sure had fun!

The evening ended with a film which we fell asleep to on the sofa! haha We are not as young as we used to be! But we had a great evening and another great memory was made!! 

(Kristian made some short video clips throughout the evening which he put together to a short film......)



No comments: