Sunday 23 November 2014

Nothing much to report.....

......Oh except a broken washing machine!! 

Last Saturday our washing machine broke! I did a wash last Friday evening when the machine suddenly started to make the most horrendous noise. I thought that maybe the clothes were just lying off balance (or something like that) and that it would be ok. 

Saturday morning I put another wash on, forgot all about the noises from the night before, and then went into the shower. When I was finished showering and  went to step out of the shower,  I stepped into a pool of water. There was water all over the bathroom floor!!! (Thank goodness we have a tiled floor and a drain in the floor. The water could be swepted away.) I realised something was seriously wrong with the washing machine!! (Our washing machine and drier are in the bathroom.) It turns out that a metal wire from Leah´s bra had come out and gone down one of the small holes. It had made a hole in the drum of the machine and the water was coming out from there. (This was all discovered by Kristian! the clever man! haha)

Thankfully we have insurance but a man can first come out and look at the machine this week to see if it can be fixed or if we should get some money to replace it. 

Meanwhile we have been without a washing machine here at home for a week, however I have been able to take things to work and use the machine there. It has been great!! My washing basket is empty!! Kristian had to laugh at that, because my washing basket is NEVER empty! Yet the week you´d think that it would be full and overflowing because of a broken machine, it is actually empty! Taking the washing to work is sooo much easier!! 

We have also visited Kristian mum a few times over the last few weeks. Kristian pops by after work as he works so close to where she lives. Then I was down visiting her one evening and bought some ice cream sundaes from McDonalds. We made hot chocolate and had a lovely cosy evening together. I really have a wonderful mother-in-law that I get on with sooo well.

 Her back is improving. She is going to rehabilitation and has now started swimming again every other day. Her energy level is not the same as before the fall but it is slowly returning. It´s great to see her improve from week to week.



Last weekend my neighbour was in Scotland on a course with her work. She arrived home on the Sunday afternoon. I had made a huge Sunday dinner with a roast and all the trimmings, more than we could eat so we invited her and Mia, her daughter, over for dinner and had a cosy evening with them. 

Thursday afternoon after work, I headed to Copenhagen. I wanted to do a bit of Christmas shopping. It was sooo cosy in the city. The lights were up and there was a real Christimas feel around. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I got some Christmas shopping done and arrived home at 8.30pm totally exhausted but happy!! 





Friday at lunchtime I got a text from my hubby. He wanted to know if I wanted to go on a date with him that evening. Now there was an offer I couldn´t say no too! 

So Friday afternoon found us heading out for some fun. We started by driving by to say hello to his mum, it had been a week since I last saw her so I  wanted to say hello and check out how she was feeling. We had a lovely chat with her and some hot chocolate and cake!! Hanne, Kristian´s sister, also popped in so we had a cosy time with her too.



Then we headed out to eat dinner. We were in the mood for chinese, so we headed to this lovely restaurant with the best chinese buffet you could ask for! We stuffed our faces! 

Kristian had booked for us to see the new Danish film that was out - "Stille Hjerte" (Silent/Quiet Heart) but the film first started at 9.15pm. We had nearly 2 hours to put in before the film so we decided to head to one of our favourite shops - Elgigant which is an electronic shop with everything from computers, TV´s, and telephones to washing machines!  We both love shops like that and we wandered around there until it was closing. I ended up buying a new iron! Got a great bargin!

Then we headed to my favourite shop - IKEA. It was open till 9pm so we could stay the rest of the time there. Talk about a great date night!! It was the best - I really get sooo happy being in ikea! haha


Then we went to see the film. What a brilliant film it was! It was about a woman who was really ill and so she had arranged for her whole family (her two daughters, their partners, her grandson and her best friend) to come back home for their last weekend together. They would hold Christmas and then when they left her husband would give her pills to end it all. The acting was fantastic. You felt the pain, the confusion, the doubts, all the emotions everyone went through in trying to come to trems with the mums decision. I had a good cry through it all. It was a film that gave you a lot to think about and Kristian and I had a load to discuss on the way home. 

It was a really great evening out. Thanks Kris!

Saturday evening we went to visit our friends Jette and Filip. We were invited for dinner and had a lovely evening with them and their two kids Josefine and Jonathan.

Since it´s soon Christmas, I decided to make a Christmas Calendar for the whole family. Throughout December they take turns opening a small gift from us. On 1st December Josefine will open the first gift, then on the 2nd Jonathan will open his, 3rd Jette and the 4th Filip and so on it goes. I had sooo much fun making it all. When the kids went to bed last night Josefine was counting how many sleeps she had to have before she could open the first present. Sooo sweet!! 









 Years ago, when our kids were small Jette made one of those calendars for us as a family and we had great fun taking turns to open the small presents. I have never forgotten that gesture so I hope our calendar brings as much joy to her family as hers did to ours! 


Phew!! That was a long update! A lot can happen in a two week period - and when I started this I didn´t thing I had much to report! Well that´s all for now :-)



No comments: