Sunday 30 November 2014

The Rasmussens now with......

....a new washing machine!!!



So just over a week after it broke, the insurance company sent a man out to look at the machine. He decided that it wasn´t worth fixing and we were given the money to go buy a new one, which we did. A Samsung - it cost exactly the amount that we received from the insurance company. It is sooo great to have a washing machine again!!

The Rasmussen household has also now got a mother and wife with pierced ears! 


For years I have wanted pierced ears but I just never dared - was afraid it would hurt too much! Well that all changed yesterday (Saturday). 

My friend Audry and I have a tradition. We go Christmas shopping every year together and have done so for the last 7 years. We pick a shopping centre and go there from they open till they close. Yesterday was no different. We were there for the shops opening at 10am and we left again at 6pm, only stopping for an hour lunch. We literally did shop till we dropped! 

So it was while out shopping yesterday that I decided to win over my fear (with a lot of help from Audry) and I got them pierced!! I like them. It´s another thing to tick of my bucket list! (Next is the tattoo!! - ONLY JOKING!!)

Thursday was Thanksgiving in the USA. Since my good friend and neighbour is American, we were invited to Thanksgiving dinner with some other neighbours and friends. It was such a wonderful evening. The food was sooo delicious and since we all love hanging out together the evening was a great success!! We truly have sooo much to be Thankful for. I am blessed.











Friday at school we started the Christmas decorating!

The kids had a great time making decorations to hang up in their classroom. It suddenly started to feel a lot like Christmas.....



 Everyone was in on the fun of making decorations for the tables....we made one for the room where we sit and have our break.

 The 8th year students served Æbleskiver (directly translatedit´s apple slices but as you can see from the photo they are round! they are delicious, taste a little like warm donuts) and chocolate milk to everyone.

We also got a massage chair at work. It is WONDERFUL. I LOVE it!!  I had a 15 minute massage before I went home on Friday and it made me feel so great!! Why did we not get one of these a long time ago?!!!!! 


Today is the first Sunday in advent. A time when the Danes start to decorate their homes for Christmas, so later our Christmas decorating will begin! 

We also have a bit of packing to do. Kristian and I are off to Berlin next week for a few days! We can hardly wait!! We are going to a Bryan Adams concert, which was one of his silver envelope gifts from a few months back. 

Andrew is in charge here at home. He will be the man of the house while we are gone, something he is happy about as he gets to use my car the whole time I`m away! 

No comments: