Thursday 12 February 2015

Holidays.....

It´s that time of the year again - holiday time! 

Friday 6th February I stopped work for a weeks holiday. Andrew and Leah´s colleges have also been closed for the week. Unfortunately for Kristian, he has had to work. (poor man)

I have sooo enjoyed my week at home and can´t believe it is  coming to an end so soon. We are all back to normal life again in a few days time.

So what have I been up to....

Saturday we had Kristian´s cousin come by for a visit. He had borrowed his friends Tesla car and so he wanted Kristian to go for a quick spin to experience how fantastic it was. That short spin lasted 5 hours! haha The boys had a blast in it!! I got to experience it too! Oh my what a car! It goes from 0-100km/hr in something like 3 secs! You get pushed right back in your seat like you´re on an amusement ride!


Saturday evening we went to visit some of our friends. They live just a few houses away, so we had a pot-luck dinner - everyone bringing something for the meal. My neighbour Laura also came along. It was such a cosy evening all together. We are so blessed to have good friends close by!

Monday was my Ikea date with my friend Audry. As usual we walked around Ikea for hours. Audry got quite a few items, me - only a new shower curtain! We ended the day with a trip to McDonalds where we sat and talked together for another few more hours! 

Tuesday evening and we went on a double date with Kristian´s cousin and his wife. Jacob and Louisa live on the other side of Denmark, close to Sara so we don´t get to see them that often. When our kids were small, they lived close to us and we did a lot of things together. They also would babysit for us from time to time. So this was an evening I was really looking forward too. 


We went out for dinner and then went to see a late movie - America Sniper, It was such a great evening with them. It was lovely to catch up and just spend some time with them again.

Wednesday and I had a girly day planned with my colleague. We went shopping, had a bite to eat and then went to see new Danish film that was out. It was also a really cosy day out together.



On this holiday I have discovered Downton Abbey!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! I LOVE THIS SERIES!  It is just sooo me. This is the era I wish I had lived in! A year ago, Kristian had gotten me the first series for Christmas but I hadn´t gotten around to watching it. Well, that changed this week. I started the first episode and within 10 minutes I was hooked. I spent all Monday morning in bed watching the one episode after the other. And that is how it has been each morning this week. I have spent my morning at Downton Abbey and my afternoons and evenings in the real world.

I am now on Season 2 episode 4. Had to join Netflix so I could see it!! haha I am now offically addicted!

No comments: