Friday 6 February 2015

Kristian - he´s not a bad wee fella.....

Every Thursday I start work early - 7am, (sooo horrible!)  but this means that I have free at 2.30pm. So yesterday I decided that I would go shopping after work. In the town where I work there is an indoor flea market that is open every day till 6pm. I go there from time to time to see if there are any bargins. Sometimes I´m lucky, sometimes I´m not. 

At the moment I am looking for an old chest that we can set a record player on. The record player is  from the 1920´s and still works!! The sound is absolutely brilliant because it sounds sooo old!! So I went to see if there was a chest and guess what? There was! However it was just a little too short for what we needed. I thought it was so beautiful, it was all hand craved. Pity it was the wrong size.

I took a photo and sent it to Kristian to see what he thought. He could see it wasn´t broad enough, but like me, he loved it. 

When he got the photo he was curious as to where I was. When he heard I was at the flea market it made him wish he had free too. Kristian has flex hours so he can leave some days early and work late other days. So he decided he needed to leave work early and come hang out with me!

 He sent me a text asking if I wanted to meet him for a cake date. We have this cafe close to where we live that does delicious chai teas, coffees and cakes. Of course I said yes to his text. I said goodbye to the chest and headed to the cafe



When I arrived at the cafe there was my wee hubby waiting on me. He treated me to cake and a chai latte. It was something so simple but meant so much to me. We had a lovely afternoon sitting there chatting. We then headed over to our little shopping center and had a walk around the shops. A bit of a different afternoon than I had anticipated.


We got to enjoy a beautiful sunset on the way home. A great ending to a rather lovely day!


No comments: