Thursday 26 February 2015

This just blessed me......



I love these videos from The Normal Christian Life. I follow their website and have watched all 12 episodes. This one especially blessed me. (along with episode 6!) Jill just touched my heart. She seems like such a wonderful person. (I found myself wishing that she lived close by so I could visit! I found myself wishing I could sit and pray with her.) I could identify with her feelings. I could identify with her longing for boldness. I long for that too. I long to have the courage to go up to someone and just pray for them, to pray for their healing, to introduce them to Jesus. I too have had the same thoughts as her..."what if I pray and it doesn´t work?!!!"  And in these thoughts I open the door to doubt and shut the door to boldness.

I know that I am forgiven, I know I am going to heaven. I know Jesus loves me. These things no one can take away from me. I am soooo confident and sure of these facts! They are rooted deep into the core of my being. But when it comes to healing I do not have that same confident. I have grown up with the idea that God can do anything, He can heal, but he doesn´t always heal, sometimes it is not his will to heal, but I am being challenged in this area.  I need to study the Bible more, I need to get those healing scriptures rooted deep in my heart so I have the same confidence in healing as I have in my salvation. 


Over the last few days I have been studying Ephesians and I have discovered a new prayer for my life....it is found in Ephesians 1, 17-19. Paul´s prayer for spiritual wisdom. I have set  a goal to try and pray this prayer everyday, changing the "you" in the verses to "me" and "I" to make it my own personal prayer. 



Anyway just wanted to share this because it blessed me so. 
Episode 6 is below.....it is sooo good!! Check it out! God is amazing!



No comments: