Wednesday 4 March 2015

Party time......

Saturday found us getting ready for a big party. Our friend Henrik turned 50!!! I can´t get my head around that number! haha I never think of Henrik as 50! Anyway he decided to hold a big birthday party to celebrate, so we had to shine ourselves up a little bit for that.


We had a great evening together with Henrik, his wife Birthe and the rest of their family and friends. The party started at 4pm and we first got home at 3am!!! I didn´t even realise it was soooo late! Time flies when you´re having fun!

The food was delicious and the speeches that people held inbetween the different courses were really funny.


I had a job to do that evening. Henrik´s daughter sings in a band and so they had hired the band to come and play for a few hours so people could dance. Not many of Henrik´s family and friends are used to dancing so I had to do an ice breaker so we could get people up unto the dance floor. I dressed up in my Mamma Mia outfit and taught everyone the Thriller dance. It was great fun. 

(I was however a bit worried that I wouldn´t be able to fit the costume as I have put on a load of weight! I squeezed into it, but just about. The diet is seriously going to begin on Monday!)


We had such a fun evening. The Thriller dance was a hit and people actually stayed up and danced, at least for part of the night! (I love to dance so I didn´t sit down. I danced for 3 hours solid and I felt like an old woman of 90 the next day, I could hardly walk!)  

It was one great night that we will remember for a long time to come. Just think, next year Kristian will be 50!! Where are the years going? 

No comments: