Sunday 15 March 2015

Going too fast!!

Where does the time go? 

It´s been a busy week for us, and a busy weekend. 

The week started with a Bible study on Monday evening, here at home with some friends. We had a good evening. 

On Tuesday evening Kristian and I decided to try and organise what we would like to do for our 25th wedding anniversary. Should we hold an evening party? Should we hold a brunch? Should we just go away? So many decisions to make! haha 

In the end we decided that we just wanted to go away. We then used the time to try and pick out where we wanted to go. Kristian had to pick 3 places and I had to pick 3, then we shared our ideas. What fun we had! Kristian really was thinking out of the box (and out of our budget!!) He came up with ideas like flying to New Zealand, then hiring a car to travel around the south part of it. Only problem there is that I can only get a week of work at that time of year! The travel time to New Zealand alone is 35 hours each way! haha Not much time left to see the rest of the place. 

I didn´t think out of the box. Most of my ideas were in Europe. We still haven´t decided where we would like to go, so we will probably have another one of these nights again - very soon.

Thursday evening and I was out with my neighbour Laura checking out the place where she will hold her 60th birthday party. She wanted me to see it so we could arrange the decorating and how the tables should be. We were getting all inspired and excited. 

Friday evening found us going out to help our friends Jette and Filip. They are moving house and had to be out of their apartment this weekend. We went to help clean the place. We cleaned the whole upstairs so it was one thing less that they had to think about.   




 On the way out to their place we got to enjoy this - a beautiful sunset.....


Early Saturday morning and I was out with my friend from work. She is also moving house soon. She is renting a place from a girl I know from church. We were meeting with her to read through the contract and sign it. The contract is now signed and everything is now offical. My colleague gets to move in May.

We decided to celebrate by going to lunch and had the most delicious fish dish! Then a bit of shopping and we both went our seperate ways home. When I got home Kristian had cleaned the whole house! It was wonderful.


With the house cleaned and ready for another new week we decided to use the rest of Saturday to go out a walk in the neighbourhood. We had hoped the sun would be shining as we have had beautiful weather all week, but unfortunately it was dull and gray, but the nature was still beautiful.




 There had to be a selfie!!!


Saturday evening we relaxed at home. Camilla and Andrew were here for dinner so it was great to catch up with them.

I decided to give Kristian a Silver envelope for Sunday afternoon. I had planned something special but since it was dull and gray today I decided to change the plan. I will keep what I had planned for a beautiful sunny day. 

So he got the silver envelope early this morning when he woke. He found it on the bathroom mirror.


I had to make sure he wanted to go on  a date with me after the last mix up! haha Lucky for me he ticked the box with a YES!!! 


A little later than 12.06 we headed out. I had a picnic all packed and ready.

 Kristian had no idea where we were going. He just had to follow my directions. We headed out to a place not far from us - Jægerpris Castle. A beautiful old castle from about 1400s. We had never been there before. It was beautiful but soooo cold. The castle wasn´t open for exploring, it first opens at Easter.  The wind was cold so we had a quick walk about the place before heading back into the heat of the car. 


 We drove around a little and then headed out to one of the northerly parts of the area we were in. In the summer you can take an 8 minute ferry across to the other side. We sat at the harbour, in the car, and ate our picnic lunch. It was really cosy. 

 

 We drove around a bit more and then headed in the direction of home. We saw a hot dog place on the way home and just had to stop for a good old Danish hot dog. It was delicious. This we ate outside in the freezing cold and enjoyed it!! Getting into the warm car afterwards to drive home was just as enjoyable!

 It was a really great afternoon out, seeing lots of beautiful nature from the comfort of a warm car! And off course getting to hang out with hubby was my favourite thing of all! (want a bucket?! hehe)



No comments: