Wednesday 4 February 2015

Already February....

I can´t believe it´s already February. 

Since coming home from visiting Sara it has been busy.

Kristian is in the middle of something rather exciting! You will hear more about that at a later date, if it all comes together. So last week a lot of his free time was spent on this upcoming project!  

I meanwhile have been busy trying to find apartments for my colleague. She has to move out of her house 1st March and hasn´t found a new place to stay. We spent a few days going to see apartments. I now realise how hard it is to find a decent place that is not too exspensive. One of the apartments we went to see had 7 other people there looking at it as well. The landlord of that place only seemed to have one answer to any question I asked..." I´m not sure about that, I don´t really know!" 

I found out that a girl from our church has an apartment to rent. However this is first available from the middle of May. We went to see it anyway. After all the awful apartments we had seen we really weren´t expecting too much, but we were pleasantly surprised!! The apartment was gorgeous!! I was ready to leave Kristian and the kids and move in myself!! haha 

So now my colleague has a decision to make. Does she want to take this lovely apartment yet wait to May to move in. (She can live with some family members until then.) Or does she try and find something for 1st March. I know what I would do - wait till May and get a lovely apartment at a good price!

Thursday evening I was out with my friend Anne. We went out to dinner and spent the next 5 hours eating and chatting away. The evening went by far to fast! 




A confession to make - we ate two desserts!!! But let me explain why. The restuarant we went to is a really cheap place but it makes delicious food. So we had a starter of prawncocktail, a main course of steak and chips with salad, and a dessert of pancake with icecream and chocolate sauce, but since we were talking soooo much and the desserts only cost 19kr or £1.90 we bought an extra one so we could stay longer! It was a great evening!

Friday evening was a quiet night at home, just Kristian and me, as the kids all had plans. Delicious food, a good film and we were happy.

Saturday evening and I was out eating again. This time I had been invited home to my friend`s house for dinner. She was inviting two other girl friends for a girly evening. Once again I ate delicious food and had a great night of chatter and laughter. It is sort of impossible to go on a diet in my life!!! Maybe next week I will succeed at that!

Sunday afternoon and we headed down to visit Kristian´s mum. 



As usual she had coffee and hot chocolate ready, along with a whole load of treats. We had a great afternoon with her. Kristian´s sister Hanne, her husband Flemming and our nephew Christian came by too. They only live next door so it`s easy to just go in and invite them to join the fun! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful Danish family.

The 3rd February 2013 was the date that dad died. I can´t believe that 2 years have gone by. I still miss him alot. I miss the discussions we always had about Spiritual things. I miss us reading the same books and then discussing them. I miss sharing something I have read or discovered with him. Like today I was listening to some teaching on Heaven and a few times throughout it I found myself thinking...."This is great, I will have to tell dad to check this out!" Then I smiled and thought "Boy, he could teach me a thing or two about Heaven."  

When I was out shopping on Saturday I saw this old man that reminded me a lot of dad. He was thin in the face, like dad was at the end. He wore the same sort of coat dad did and he had a lot of silver hair, cut just like dads. I wanted to go over and ask him if I could give him a hug, but I thought I might get arrested for that!hehe  I actually took a picture of him (in a sneaky kinda of way) just so I could show Kristian when I got home. He agreed with me, it did look like him. 

It´s already Wednesday of this week and I only have 2 days left at work, then it´s holiday!! I can´t wait. I am of for a week.  I´m not doing anything special, but just being able to sleep long and then to get up and be able to do what you want is wonderful!! 

(Also I am sooo behind in my silver envelopes, maybe I will get one fitted in next week!)

No comments: