Tuesday 27 January 2015

A weekend in Århus....

Last weekend we went to visit Sara and Christian in Århus and had such a great weekend with them.

We left home late Friday afternoon, after work. We love our road trips and it´s a 3 hour drive to Sara so we were soooo looking forward to having 3 hours together in the car. We stopped on the way in one of the towns and had dinner at a small, cosy cafe. When we arrived at Saras we were ready to be cosy.

Sara and Christian´s friend Katrine was there. We decided we would all play a game of Cluedo. (I had taken our game with me from home.) None of the Danes had played it before so we had sooo much fun playing it. Katrine got so into it and was a really good detective! She won the game!


 Saturday morning and we woke up to snow!! Sara had to work and so I went with her into Århus. I was going to go shopping while she worked for a few hours. I LOVE Århus. It is such a cosy city and I sooo enjoyed walking in and out of the shops and along the canal. I was looking for a dress for our friends 50th birthday party later in February and to my amazement, I found one. It cost about 80 pounds but was on sale for 20!! Now that´s my kinda bargin!

I had only left Sara about an hour when she rang to say that she was leaving work. The snow was keeping the customers away and so they were not busy.  The other girls at work could cope without her, she had the afternoon off. That was just great. I got to hang out with Sara all afternoon. We had such a cosy afternoon together.


We ended the afternoon with a trip to Ikea! I really love the Ikea in Århus, I think its the best one, but I had strict instructions that we were only going through to one area. I was not allowed to stop on the way. I had to go straight to this certain area, pick up a small stool and then out!! What a bore Sara turned out to be!! Off course I couldn´t do that, so I lost her for a while and got to look around a bit, until my phone started ringing and a very annoyed Sara was telling me off,  like she was the mother!! haha

I really think I need to get a job in Ikea. It makes me happy being there!! 


While we were out having fun, Kristian and Christian were at home having fun racing on the computer!! They say they weren´t, they say they were fixing the computer but we don´t buy that!! :-)

Saturday evening was spent relaxing and watching Handball. The Danes were playing an important game so Kristian and Christian wanted to see that. Sara and I endured it as we were just not in the mood for Handball on a Saturday evening. I got into my PJs and started reading my book. Before long I was in the land of Nod.

Sunday and it was soon time to head home again. We didn´t want to get home too late. We went out for brunch and had a few hours together with Sara and Christian before saying goodbye to them and Århus once again. It was such a cosy, relaxing weekend away. Thank you Sara and Chrsitian.



No comments: