Tuesday 6 January 2015

Silver envelope 6....

The sixth silver envelope has been given. 

It was something a little different this time, but something Kristian was really happy about.



Kristian and I each have a Spotify account where you can listen to music on line or download it to your phone and listen while off-line. They have millions of songs  on there. I decided to make a playlist of songs for him. Songs we had listened to through the years of our marriage, songs that always meant something to us. I made the playlist and after he opened the envelope I sent the link to his account so he could listen to it all. 

I spent Saturday evening making up the playlist of all these songs. It sure was hard work. My brain was frying by the end. My memory is not what it used to be so sometimes I couldn´t remember the title of the song, only some of the words or melody. Other times I couldn´t remember the group. I didn´t give up though, and I actually managed to remember the different songs. In the end I had 40 songs for our playlist. 

(Some examples - Phil Collins -Groovy kind of love. Dione Warwick - Thats what friends are for. Cliff Richard - The water is wide. Lionel Ritchie - You stole my heart away.....and so it could go on.)

Kristian was over the moon. Songs he had forgotten about suddenly turned up and with them a whole load of great memories. 

A simple but good silver envelope this time!

No comments: