Sunday 18 January 2015

Time flies when you´re having fun....

and it has been flying by over here. That must mean we are having loads of fun - which we are! 

Two weeks ago we watched the Taken films. (Taken is a film about a girl that is kidnapped while on holiday in Paris. She is sold into the sex slave business, but lucky for her, her dad is some sort of special agent and has contacts and knows how to track people down so he goes on the hunt for her. I wont tell you what happens.) There are 2 Taken films. The first one was on TV last Wednesday evening. We saw it a few years back but couldn´t remember all the details, so we sat and watched it again. Then on Thursday evening Taken 2 was on. We invited the neighbours over to see it, as they hadn´t seen it before. Oh boy it was sooo good, an action packed,  exciting film! 

Well, last week Taken 3 came out in the cinema. We decided we just had to go and see it. So Tuesday evening Leah. Lasse (her boyfriend), Kristian and I went to the cinema to see Taken 3. We were not disappointed. Soooo much action and excitement in that one too. It was a really great evening out.


 Saturday was a relaxing day. After a long sleep we got up and cleaned the house. I love a clean tidy house. I always feel sooo good after it is cleaned and organised. It didn´t take us long to clean the place and we had a few hours in the afternoon to relax. Kristian relaxes out at his garage working on his go-kart and I relax reading. I read for a while and  I also got my painting room organised as I planned to paint over the weekend. 

Late afternoon we stopped all our relaxing and got ready to go on a date. Tonight we were going on a double date with some of our friends, Birthe and Henrik. 

Birthe and I had bought our husbands tickets to a Moonjam concert for Christmas. Moonjam is a Danish Jazz/Funk/Pop band. Henrik and Kristian love them so we thought it would be a good Christmas present for them both (and we were right, they both LOVED their present and since Christmas they have been looking forward to this evening out.)

We also arranged dinner before the concert and since we all love to hang out together we were sure it was going to be a great night out. We were right! We had a brilliant night.  



We went to eat at a wee Italian restaurant near the concert place. (A restaurant we had never been to before.) The food was nothing to shout about but the service was excellent. It was an old Italian man that served us and he kept us entertained all evening!  




Then it was off to the concert. It was brilliant! Fantastic musicians! We had such a great evening with lots of talking, fun and laughter. As usual it all went by too fast.  



A little taste of Moonjam..... press the link...





Today I have been painting. Christian´s (Sara´s boyfriend) parents moved house recently and they asked if I would paint a picture for them. They described what they wanted and showed me some paintings that were similar. I have spent this afternoon painting, trying to make the sort of painting that they want. It has been fun and challenging as I don´t normally paint abstract. I love to paint nature so this was a little different for me. 



We will be visiting Sara next weekend so they will get the pictures then. I did send them a photo of the finished work and they seemed really pleased with them. Hope they are when they see them in real life. 


No comments: