Friday 2 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR

                                          HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

We want to wish you all a Happy New Year. We hope you had a good New Year whatever you were up to. For us it was quiet and we LOVED it! 

We are getting really old! haha We love our peace and quiet! (Actually I have always enjoyed a quiet New Year but when the kids were small we always had friends over or we went to visit friends so the kids could have the experience of a Danish New Year with all its fireworks and fun. For years I longed for the day when I could just stay at home and be quiet and thoughtful. )

I enjoy spending my new year thinking about life and making new plans and dreams. 

This year Kristian and I were alone. All the kids had their own thing to do and Kristian and  I were sooo looking forward to it just being us two. 

I made the most delicious 3 course meal!! (It was sooo good! Sometimes my meals turn out fantastic and at other times they are a disaster! This was one of the good ones! haha)

We talked about our dreams for 2015 and the things we wanted to do better in 2015. One thing we wanted to improve on was having more friends over for dinner or for cake and coffee. We want to work on our friendships - not just take our friends for granted.

The rest of New Year was spent on the sofa in our PJs watching TV. It was total bliss!!!



As I said earlier, I love spending time on New Years Eve thinking about life. One area of my life that is so important to me is my spiritual life and every new year I am challenged to do better in my spiritual walk with God! 

This year I want to get to know God more intimately. I want to get into his Word. I want to become more like Him. I want to see things through His eyes and whatever would break his heart, I want to break mine. I can be so selfish, unloving and judgemental at times and I want God to change that part of me. I want to love the unlovely, not just those people that are easy to love but those who are really hard to love.  

I saw this quote on line which really sums up my heart...



I also want to really just take God at his word. Take His promises and claim them.I think I am getting better and better at this and I don´t worry the way I used to. I am learning to just let go and let God take control.

 In some areas this is easier than others. One area that I find it hard not to worry is about my kids and the choices they make in life. At times I can find it hard to let go and just give them over to God - but I am getting better and better at it. When I find myself worrying about them and Satan comes and tells me a bunch of lies, I am getting better at not listening to him, but instead  listen to the promises God has given me. 

I saw this next quote on line and it sums up my prayer for 2015 for me. I know storms will come and so I pray that God will calm me in the midst of it all.



There are also other goals that I have set for 2015. One.main one is to get healthy and lose weight!!! Which is something I say every year!! Maybe this year I will succeed,  I did it in 2008 - lost 16kg!! I was fit and healthy way back then. So lets see if it can be done again!

Thanks for following life with us here in Denmark. I wish you and yours all the best in 2015. I hope it is a year that brings you health and happiness.

No comments: