Wednesday 31 December 2014

Silver Envelope 5.......

Today we celebrated Silver Envelope number 5.

 (If you have no idea what this is all about and you would like to know. Then go back a few posts to October 2014and read the post called Silver hair and romance. It will explain everything! )

Anyway, we had a really lovely day. 



It started as always with Kristian getting the letter explaining what would happen. Today was going to be our French day! I would be his French girlfriend for the day!! haha So from the moment that I awoke I was speaking English with a French accent! (The poor man - what he has to put up with!) 

But we had fun! I had downloaded a French lesson from the internet and made a CD that we could listen to in the car. We had a longer lie in than planned, as Kristian had been out to the wee hours of the morning in the forest.  So we skipped the part of going for a walk on the beach.....we stayed in bed instead.

When we finally got up and got ready, we left home and headed straight for Copenhagen. We had half an hours drive to the city and in that time we learned a lot of French. It actually was a really good lesson I had downloaded. Once we found a parking place we walked up to our French restaurant and practised the few things we had learned. 




 The restaurant was called Le Pave and it was sooo lovely. A real cosy wee place. The food was delicious. We decided we would go with a starter and main and then eat dessert somewhere else.

We had Salmon for starters and duck served with vegtables for the main. It was all very gourmet, so not a lot of food. Kristian was full but I could have gone for a second helping! haha Typical, that´s my problem I love quanity and not quality. Kristian loves quality!! He got what he liked!! 

I noticed on their menu card that it said Restaurant 1989. How funny!! That was the year Kristian and I met. Kristian thought I knew this and had everything planned to the smallest detail! I let him think that!! But I had no idea! haha



 The waiter was so nice....he called me Madame and Kristian Monsieur and said Bon appetit everytime he served us. All very French!!

 When finished we went a walk around Copenhagen. We found a French Book Cafe but unfortunately it was closed. I was starting to see "French" everywhere. I saw the sign below and thought it said French Kiss - I sure got that wrong!



We were looking for a place for coffee/tea and dessert. There is a place in Copenhagen called La Glace and it serves the most delicious cakes.(or so I´ve heard. I have never been!) It´s been on TV so it´s rather famous here in Denmark. We headed to that, but there was a line of people waiting outside to get in and since it was freezing cold we decided to find somewhere else. We did. A Turkish restaurant - not exactly French but by this stage we were sooo cold we were just glad to get into the heat. We had pancakes, with ice cream and chocolate sauce. I got a hot chocolate and Kristian a coffee.


Once heated up again we headed out into the streets of Copenhagen. I was really getting into my French roll and kept looking for the Eiffel Tower.  We never did find it, but we did find some beautiful old churches and enjoyed looking at the craftsmanship.

We also visited a music shop and I got to try out some amazing pianos. It got me in the mood for a new piano! Kristian quickly got me out of there when he saw me looking at the interest free loans they were offering!! haha

The plan was to go see a French film in the cinema but there were no French films showing. Well there was one, although it wasn´t actually French, it was just set in Paris.  It was called "My apartment in Paris" or the orginal title, I think, is called "The Old Lady" (The Danish titles are always sooo different from the orginal!)  I wouldn´t have minded seeing that but I didn´t think it was a film Kristian would like to see so we just headed home. I had a few French DVD films at home and so we settled on the sofa and watched one of those. The perfect end to a perfect day!

More memories created and locked away in my memory bank.

I am a little behind in my silver envelopes. At this stage Kristian should have received 8!! However we have been so busy and we haven´t had time to fit in any silver envelopes, so he is only on number 5. I will have to do something about that - and soon!

No comments: