Tuesday 30 December 2014

Crazy hubby.....

It´s that time of the year again! It´s my hubby´s tradition of going into the forest with 5 of his friends to sort out the worlds situation!! 

Well that about the worlds situation might be a bit of an exaggeration! I´m not sure what they talk about out there! That´s all very secretive! 

 One thing I do know is that they have lots of snacks and things to eat, hot coffee and lots of warm clothing. No matter what sort of weather there is, they meet up. They have sat out in rain, snow, temperatures of minus 17 and some years they have been lucky and had very mild weather.

 Tonight it is minus 5 and the snow is lying thick. I keep suggesting that they go to a restaurant or a hotel spa and talk over a delicious meal, or in a sauna, but Kristian looks at me weirdly. There are just some things us women do not understand!!






They build a fire and then they talk and share life - goals for the new year, the good and bad from the old year etc. I think its fantastic that they do this and I am so thankful they don´t take their wives along!!! 

Meanwhile I have had a wonderful evening. I have cuddled up the sofa with my cat Shadow. She has been curled up on my lap all evening. It´s cosy and warm in my wee home and I have enjoyed a glass of cola and some chocolate as I have watched a film. I have also read some of my new book, it´s been sooo relaxing.

In fact we have had some wonderful relaxing days.

For a week our house was full of people. The kids and all their boyfriends and girlfriends have been hanging out. Then we had guests on Christmas day too. It has been great but the older I get the more I need some "alone" time! So for the past few days it has just been us as a family and at times it has just been Kristian and me. Total bliss!!

We have done absolutely nothing for 3 days!! I actually lay in bed all day Saturday and read my new book. I love when I get a new book and I acutally get peace to read it. Kristian used the time to sort out photos on his computer, something he loves to do, and the kids were all doing their own thing. I didn´t even need to make food. I made sooo much food at Christmas that we just warmed leftovers up in the microwave. It tasted delicious.

We have also had time to watch a few films too. 

Since the weather has been sooo good, (frosty with blue skies) we got out for some walks around the area where we live. We have beautiful nature right on our doorstep. If you go in one direction you come to a lake, you go the other and you have the forest and across from us are the wide open fields. I love this area sooo much.









Today I did do something. I took down all the Christmas decorations. What a job!! Especially since I got the two sets of lights from the tree tangled in each other. I used almost 2 hours (no joke!!) trying to get them untangled and got sooo frustrated in the end that I cut one of the sets of lights, just so I could get the other set free!! haha I was not in a good mood! haha (Next year I´m going away for Christmas....there is too much work with all that decorating! haha)

Apart from that, it really has been a wonderful break. We feel rested and I know that I feel ready to face life again! 

Oh and Silver envelope number 5 has been given to Kristian today. He knows what we will be doing tomorrow and he is looking forward to it. So am I!! There will probably be an update about it all within a few days!


No comments: