Tuesday 23 December 2014

It´s Christmas

and I am feeling nostalgic. In fact I have been feeling like this for a few weeks now. 

It all started with a box of marcipan. I saw a box in the supermarket and without thinking, I lifted it to buy it for my Aunt Kathleen. She loved marcipan. After putting it in my trolley it hit me that she wasn´t here anymore. I just felt so sad. 

Then a few days later I heard the song "Silver Bells". Dad used to listen to that song alot. In fact he had a record with Christmas songs sung by Jim Reeves. My mum loved him singing and we always had that record playing. That one song (Silver Bells) awakened sooo many great memories.

I went on Spotify to see if I could find the album and I did. I lay in bed listening to it one evening and all the songs sparked off a memory. When Kristian came in I was propped up in the bed sobbing my eyes out. The tears were a mixture of joy and sadness. Joy over the wonderful memories that the songs brought back but sadness over not having my mum or dad, my brother or any of my aunts and uncles around anymore. 

I have been thinking of them alot over the last few weeks and it has made me very thankful for the family and the life that I had growing up. 

Another Christmas is just around the corner and it´s time to make new memories, memories that I hope my children can look back on with fondness. 

All the shops are now closed in Denmark. Tomorrow (24th) is the big day for celebrating. I am soooo looking forward to Christmas with my Danish family. (We will be 26 of Kristian´s family gathered together!) Everything is organised and ready for tomorrow and the 25th. It´s a good feeling to be ready for it all.

Already this weekend we have done a bit of celebrating. Since Chrsitian was going home today so he can spend Christmas with his family, he and Sara decided to exchange gifts last night. We also decided to give him ours.

 I dressed up in my elf top.....

 It is sooo funny to see Sara at Christmas. She is still like a wee child!






No comments: