Sunday 10 May 2015

Silver envelope 14 - and another birthday!

So it was time again for a Silver Envelope. Kristian and I were both of work on Monday and so I thought it was the perfect time to give him a Silver Envelope. I had been away all weekend and so it would be great to hang out together that day. This would be envelope 14.

 
He got his envelope and inside was tickets for an art exhibition. My colleage was involved in this and so he had given me free tickets. I invited Kristian out to brunch first.

We headed to our favourite cafe for brunch only to find that it was closed. They were painting the place!! Arrrgggghhhhh....so we headed to another cafe that I knew was good, but unfortunately that was closed too!! So we finally found a cafe that was serving a brunch buffet at a good price but we were sooo disappointed. All the warm stuff like bacon, sausage, egg, and the pancakes were stone cold! The food didn´t taste good at all. So that is one cafe we will never be going back to again!
After eating just one plate (which is sooo usual for me!) we headed into Copenhagen to the exhibition. We were not disappointed with that!!  It was fantastic!! We walked around the place for 3 hours and enjoyed all the art work we saw. What talented people!! I was getting inspired to paint again.



My colleague makes things out of wood. Below you can see one of the things he has made.



I loved the paintings below, but they cost about 2500 pounds to purchase!!! Might try painting them myself!!



When our minds couldn´t take anymore art we headed home. It was a lovely day out together. We got caught up on each others lives again after being apart for the weekend:-)

Then Tuesday evening found me going for a nose job!! I have had a mole or bump on my nose for years now. It has gotten bigger over the years and at times I think it looks a little red so I thought it was maybe time to get it seen too. I am such a chicken and hate pain so I was a nervous wreck going to get it done on Tuesday evening.

 The doctors place was situated in a lovely area. We were a little early and so Kristina wanted to go a walk. I wanted to just hide in the car! But in the end I got out and went a walk with him. It was beautiful.

 
I was only in 15 minutes and it was all taken care of. I however was totally drained. I didn´t say a word the whole way home in the car! Kristian was getting worried. He thought they had taken out a bit of my personality as usually I am all chatty and laughing. There was no laughing on the way home...mainly cause I could feel it was sore and also when I laugh I screw up my nose so I was soooo scared of doing something to make the stitches pop out!! haha
 
I came home, changed into my PJs and fell alseep on the sofa...totally exhausted. This was 8pm at night and I first woke at 11.30pm, got up and went to bed and slept til morning!
 


Then on Thursday I had a birthday - AGAIN!! It doesn´t seem that long since last time I had one!! A year sure can go in fast!

I meet very early on a Thursday so I told Kristian not to do think about doing any celebrating in the morning time. We could just celebrate at night when we both got home from Work.  Meeting at 7am means me getting up at 6am and I am always last minute...only time to shower, stick on clothes and go.

So when the alarm rang Thursday morning a few minutes before 6am I struggled out of bed and with half opened eyes made my way to the bathroom but between the living room and kitchen I found a surprise. Kristian had gotten me a bike for my birthday!!! I needed one, and have been looking at different ones, but thought I would just buy an old used one. He surprised me with this. I love it!! Now I can go exploring the area on my bike!




At work they had decorated the place with flags and banners! I had baked bread for everyone and also bought some cake, so we had a great day stuffing our faces!

 
The drive home was beautiful. The day had started out a bit rainy and dull but by the afternoon the sun was out. I just had to stop the car and take a few pictures of the fields around our home. It was just sooo beautiful.
 



My favourite road of all. The road leading home! 


Kristian told  me to be ready for 6.45pm because he had something planned. So when I got home from work I relaxed a bit before getting ready to meet Kristian. Andrew and Leah arrived home and gave me some presents. Then my neighbour arrived with some pressents too. What a great afternoon this was turning into!!

 I got a gift card to Ikea for 50 pounds from Sara, Andrew and Leah!!  I am a happy woman! Can´t wait to use it!

Then my neighbour came in with a special plant she found in the plant shop. It grew mini Snicker bars!! I was over the moon! I also got a beautiful scarf that I had seen in London but hadn´t bought. Laura bought it when I wasn´t looking!

About 6.30pm the phone rang and it was Kristian. He wanted to talk to Andrew. Andrew then gave me insturctions that we now all had to leave and meet dad in the next town. I couldn´t understand why Kristian wasn´t just coming home so we all could drive together, anyway Leah, Andrew and I got into the car and headed north!

We arrived at the next town and Andrew told me which restaurant we should head to. It was my favourite Italian restaurant. When I got there, Kristian was waiting. The waiter said hello and was showing us our seats. I took off my coat and then put my bag down and turned around to sit down and there in front of me was Sara!! I almost fainted!!


Sara had taken the bus from Ã…rhus to Copenhagen and Kristian went to get her from the bus. That´s why he arranged the late time of 6.45pm to meet. It brough tears to my eyes. It was the best surprise ever! For the first time in maybe 2 years, we were just the 5 us again. It was really special.



The food was delicious too. We then headed home and just sat around talking. Sara then headed back home the next afternoon, after having brunch with her cousin in Copenhagen.




2 comments:

Lisa W said...

Aww brilliant!! So glad you'd a lovely time and also glad Ive started reading the blog again, theres loads on here thats not on facebook! I wouldnt have heard all your news and saw your gorgeous dutch bike! I'd love one, funny I was looking at them the other night and I think that was one of the ones I looked at. You must give us updates on what its like.

So, how is your nose now?

Laura said...

hello Lisa!!! :-) The nose is doing well, I think!!!! It´s still a bit sore to touch and I can see there is blood under the plaster but on Wednesday I get the stitches out....yikes, dreading that!! :-) I am such a wimp! I haven´t been out on the bike yet but I will let you know what its like! :-)