Friday 11 September 2015

A year older.....

...but is he any wiser???  On Monday it was Kristian´s birthday. He turned 49!!! Since it was a Monday and Kristian helps in the go-kart shop on a Monday evening I didn´t plan anything big. One thing I did do though was bake his favourite cake. Usually it´s his mum that bakes this for his birthday but this time I gave it a go. I have tried to bake it before but it never turned out like it should. On Monday evening I found a new receipe on line and I gave it a try and already before I baked it I knew it was going to be good. 

I got everything ready for Kristian coming home. When he arrived home at 9pm we had the coffee table decorated, the cake was ready and I had also made hot chocolate with cream. The cake was delicious and Kristian was over the moon to get it (he is so easy to please!)



On Tuesday we went to the movies to see the film Inside out. Kristian told me not to tell anyone that he had gone in to see an animated film!!! haha Leah and Lasse had been to see it and had said it was really good so we thought we would check it out too. I enjoyed it, very cleverly done. We were glad we hadn´t paid full price for the tickets (it was two for one night). It´s one of the those films that I could have just seen on DVD. 

Anyway we enjoyed our wee date night out. 


Kristian was sick on Wednesday, he had a cold since the weekend but it just seemed to get worse on Tuesday so he stayed home in bed on Wednesday. 

I started to feel rotten at work on Wednesday and by Wednesday evening my head felt like it wanted to explode. Kristian´s nose was running and my was totally blocked. 

Kristian was feeling great again on Thursday after spending the whole of Wendesday in bed. I was feeling rotten on Thursday so I took the day off work. I spent the day on the sofa with my duvet, getting up from time to time to put boiling water in the sink and a towel over my head so the steam could help unblock my nose. It really worked, it helped unblock it, at least for a little while.

Today my head/eyes are not sore but I have a bit of a sore throat and an irritating cough. It´s been another day on the sofa. Hopefully I am on the mend.

Meanwhile Zoey is keeping us all amused. 



 We have been taking things slowly between her and Shadow. Each evening they eat their meals together...Shadow in the kitchen and Zoey in her pen in the livingroom, both being able to see each other, this has been going well with Shadow watching Zoey very closely without hissing or attacking. 

We also played with Shadow in the living room, then opened Andrew´s bedroom door and started playing with Zoey. Shadow could see Zoey. We did this for about 10 minutes and it went well. Shadow watched the wee cat very closely and was not interested in playing once she could see Zoey.  We have been doing this the last 3 evenings so this evening we might take it to the next step -  letting them be in the same room for a longer period of time. Lets hope it goes well. 


No comments: