Tuesday 1 September 2015

Rome - day 4 and our anniversary!!



I am blessed!! 25 years ago today, I said I would take Kristian Rasmussen to be my husband - that was one smart decision that I made!!   I love doing life with him!!! Through the 26 years we have been together (25 as husband and wife) he has always made me feel loved and cherished. When he´s around I feel like we can overcome anything life would throw our way. He calms my fears and worries and keeps me grounded. My favourite part of the day is seeing him walk up the garden path from work.  Him being around just makes a difference - he just makes the atmosphere better by being there!  He can still make my heart skip a beat and my stomach fill with butterflies! Yes I am soooo very blessed to get to walk through life with him.  I hope we get to walk a lot more miles together!!!


So today we woke at 9am and Kristian surprised me with a sweet home made card and a poem. It´s normally me writing poems to him but this time he out did himself.

He then told me that the plan for the day was to go shopping. He wanted me to find something special in the shops, something that I had fallen in love with, and he would buy it for me! Now with shops like Prada and Gucci in the area that was a dangerous thing for him to say!! haha

So we got ready, had breakfast and went out shopping. It was sooo relaxing, we wandered up and down the different streets and looked in the different shops. I was a little disappointed with the choice of shops, for I couldn´t find a Primark anywhere!!! haha




I did find a jewellery shop with stuff that I loved. The style was a little different and I love stuff like that.

We looked at a few items and tried a few different styles but in the end I settled for a braclet that I had just fallen for. It was just sooo me. Kristian liked it too because it was so different....a bit like me! hahaha


It´s a jewellery shop that isn´t in Denmark so no one else will have this type of jewellery although the man in the shop said he was looking into starting up in Copenhagen. The braclet is silver. I just love the style. I was over the moon with this find!

We had small breaks whenever we felt like it, we ate Italian ice cream, drank cold drinks and walked up and down streets we hadn´t yet explored. It was such a perfect way to spend the day.

We took a walk up the back roads of the town and found a beautiful out look spot. There were wonderful views all over the city.

By 4pm we had had enough shopping and exploring, so we headed back to our hotel and relaxed for the next few hours,


Then it was time to head out for our evening celebration. We went a walk down to the churches at the end of the road. Why build one magnificent church when you can have two!!! We then headed over to the restaurant. We had booked a table at the local restaurant - Babette. We had eaten there earlier in the week and had loved the food sooo much that we decided that we would go back for our anniversary dinner and pull out all the stops - have starter, main course, dessert and coffee.


We were not disappointed. The food was absolutely fantastic!!! The atmosphere soooo perfect! We sat in the courtyard and enjoyed an evening of reminiscing about times gone by and dreaming of things in the future. What a perfect way to spend a 25th anniversary - eating dinner in a fab restaurant in Rome with my best buddy.



We had salmon for starters, then steaks with garnish and then for dessert I had the white chocolate cake with the creamy warm filling and Kristian had their special cake with a secret ingredient. We were stuffed when we left. 

I just love the decor of this restaurant so I had to get a pic!


We took a quick walk around the area before heading back to our hotel.

What a great time we have had in Rome and we feel so blessed to have had this opportunity. God sure has been good to us through the years, this is something we talked about this evening. We really are blessed far and above what we deserve.

So our holiday in Rome is coming to a close. We will leave tomorrow morning at 10am for the airport and late tomorrow afternoon we will be back in Denmark. That´s ok, we have had a fantastic time and we are now ready for home.

Out is good but home is best!!

No comments: