Sunday 20 September 2015

All grown up.....

 

On Wednesday Leah turned 18!! The baby of the family is now all grown up!!  I can´t get my head around that! Where have the years gone?

We had a lovely day celebrating her big day! It started with a cooked breakfast of egg, sausage and home made baps. Then she got her gift from us - a new phone. Her old one was falling apart - literally, so she was over the moon with this new one.
 
After work and school we all headed out for dinner. Leah didn´t want a big party, she just wanted a family dinner out at the Running Sushi restaurant, so Running Sushi it was. (Kristian and I are not so keen on Sushi but you could also get chinese too, so we mostly ate that.) We had invited two of Leah´s friends to meet us at the restaurant as a surprise for Leah. She was very surprised to see them and very happy too.
 

Since I had never been to Running Sushi before I didn´t realise that 8 people couldn´t sit at a table together. There is only room for 4, so we spilt in two groups - the young and the old! :-)

Andrew, Camilla, Kristian and I had a great time together at one table and Leah, Lasse and her two friends had a great time at the table behind us. We did turn around and chat from time to time so it all worked out fine.


It was then home to open Andrew and Camilla´s gift, her friends gift and Lasse´s gift. I had made apple crumble for dessert, which was what Leah wanted.  We were already stuffed from dinner but some how managed to eat warm apple crumble with ice cream and cream!!


We all really enjoyed the day.

On Thursday we invited Granny Rasmussen for dinner along with Laura, Mia and Mia´s boyfriend. It was time for another celebration of Leah.



Leah wanted me to cook my special turkey breast with potatoes, vegetables and sauce. Then again she wanted me to make apple crumble for dessert because Mia also loves my apple crumble. I HATE making apple crumble haha!!  But the things you do for love. The whole dinner was delicious!! (one of the lucky nights when things went well and everything tasted as it should!!)



We had such a lovely evening together - we are blessed with such wonderful family and friends.

Kristian´s mum came with a surprise gift for us from herself and all Kristian´s brothers, sisters and their better halves. It was for our Silver Wedding Anniversary. What a thoughtful thing to do!!



It was a wooden bowl - which I just love!! Inside, it was filled with sweets and money!!! Now we have some money to go and buy something special from the family. Like I said - we are just so blessed!

Meanwhile Zoey is becoming more and more part of the family. I love that wee cat sooo much! Amazing how such a wee animal can bring so much joy. She keeps us amused with all the funny things she gets up to.



We took it slowly introducing her and Shadow. When we finally introduced them without Zoey being in her pen, Shadow would keep her distance, while Zoey wanted to be friends with Shadow. She followed her around everywhere but sometimes it was just too much for Shadow and she would hiss and growl. Zoey would then totally respect her and give her space.

At the beginning I wondered if Shadow would ever accept Zoey but now I think things will go ok. I don´t think they will ever be close buddies. I think Zoey would like to be, but Shadow just seems cold and distant. At least now Zoey can go past Shadow without her hissing.


Saturday morning I went shopping. When I came home this is what I found (photo above!)  The two of them were sleeping close together on our bed. Mother here was over the moon!!!

On Saturday afternoon and we headed out to another 18th birthday celebration. This time it was my niece who turned 18. She and Leah were born a week apart. She was having a bigger celebration than Leah wanted. The whole Rasmussen clan was invited to afternoon cake and dinner.

It was a great afternoon as all of Kristian´s brothers, sisters and their families were there so we got to catch up on the whole family. 

It has been one busy week but good week! :-)

No comments: