Saturday 19 December 2015

Music, music and more music....

On Friday evening Kristian and I were at a Gospel Christmas Concert. The aim of the concert was to raise money for Mission East, a Christian organisation that does a great work among the refugees in Syria.

Two choirs were singing - our friend Birthe´s choir and then a choir from Copenhagen. There was soooo much energy! Great gospel songs, traditional carols, traditional carols done in a new way and some quieter pieces. It was a fantastic evening.


In the middle of the concert, Kim from Mission East came and told about the work they do in Syria to help the refugees.  He showed pictures of people he had met there, he told us their names and he spoke about the different situations they were in. It was all so heartbreaking. We were then given the opportunity to mobile pay, or sms a gift to Mission East. There was 2400 pounds collected!!!

The sale of the tickets for the concert were also going to Mission East so in that one evening there was raised about 4000 pounds - which I think is just fantastic!

All week long I have been finding different Christmas songs to listen to while at work. I made my special playlists on Spotify and so from morning to evening I have been plugged into my music.

I found some great Christmas songs, some I haven´t heard in years while others were totally new to me. I want to share some of these songs on here.

So for the countdown to Christmas I want to play a new song on here, each day. The first song I want to share is Redeeming Love, one of my favourite Christmas hymns since I was a teenager. I love the words and melody. I also love that this song reminds me of my dad. I can just hear him singing along to this.....


Christmas always make me think more about the family that I don´t have around me anymore.  I miss them even more at this time of year. I´ve been thinking a lot about mum, dad and my brother Jim and all the special Christmases we shared. 

Different things make me think of different people. When I see Marcipan in the shops I always think of my Aunt Kathleen. 

I saw Heniz salad cream the other day while out shopping (which you don´t usually see over here) and it made me think of the deviled eggs my mum made every Christmas for my Aunt Laura and Uncle Walter and our salad tea on Christmas day. I just had to buy that salad cream - maybe this year I will try and make those eggs.

The one memory always seems to lead unto the next. A lot of my days this week have been filled with memories of days gone by and of family and friends who are no longer with us. Even though I feel sad that they are gone, I also feel sooo blessed to have had them in my life. They all enriched my life in their own special way.  I have wonderful memories of them all and for that I am truly thankful.

No comments: