Monday 14 December 2015

Quick update....

...it´s been a bit of a fun week.

Tuesday night I was asked to do a bit of entertaining at my friend Birthe´s Gospel choir practice. It was their last night before Christmas so after their practice they were going to eat together and have a small Christmas party. Birthe asked me to come and kick of the party by teaching them Michael Jackson´s Thriller dance. I am always up for a good laugh so I said yes.

I got myself all ready and then drove up to the practice.


Yes - I drove looking like that!! Kristian was really hoping I would get pulled over by the police!

I got there just as they finished a song and so I stood outside banging on the window. One by one they saw me and then everyone started laughing. I went in and did my wee sketch and then got them all up dancing. It was hilarious. They really seemed to enjoy it and really got into the dance. Twenty minutes later and I was gone again and they could enjoy their Christmas dinner in peace and quiet.

Wednesday and Thursday I had off work. I had a few holidays left to take and so decided that I would take the time off to get organised for Christmas. They were two fantastic days!!

Wednesday I went shopping. I was in town for the shops opening at 10am! I wandered about the place and checked out all the shops first to see what I could get people and where I could get the cheapest deal. I had a blast.


After a few hours I went for lunch at my favourite café! I sat there and enjoyed lunch, went through my list of what I had bought and what I still had to buy and I even took time out to read my book.

When I felt like I had rested enough away I went shopping again! I shopped till I literally dropped!! At 7pm (when the shops closed) I headed to McDonalds to buy a gift card for someone and since I was the only one at home eating that evening I just decided that I would stay and have a burger. I got home at 8pm - fed and watered and with nearly all the Christmas shopping done! The rest of the evening I spent relaxing!


Thursday morning when Leah went to school and Kristian went to work, I had a quick shower and then put my PJs on again. This was my day to be cosy!! I got out all the shopping from the day before and spent some time organising and packing in the presents. Then I made myself a delicious lunch and sat down to watch a few Christmas films. I spent the afternoon being cosy on the sofa and saw 2 films.

I think I am going to do this every December.

I made a fun calendar for work. I bought some small silly gifts for them all, packed them in and took them to work. There were 11 gifts and on Monday we had only 11 working days left until our Christmas holidays - a present for each day, when there are no presents left we have holiday!! They loved the idea!
Friday night was our Christmas dinner at work. It was a really great evening. Good food and lots of fun with my colleagues. We played some fun party games, we had a few quizzes, there was a bit of dancing and a lot of laughter as no one could figure out the dance and we ended the evening singing Christmas songs and our leader shared some thoughts from the Bible. I just have the greatest colleagues!

This weekend we achieved a lot too.

We are in charge of getting the Christmas tree for Christmas Eve when we will hold a Danish Chrstimas down at Kristian´s mum´s house.
One of the neighbours in our wee village had some Christmas trees for sale. He had sent messages to us that they were on his front lawn and we could just come and get them and put the money in the postbox. They were half price. Kristian and I decided to go and check them out.

Some of them were really big but we found a perfect sized one for Christmas Eve. We were really happy to save a lot of money on that. It was fun just walking down the road to pick up a tree.

We also got our Christmas tree but that one we had to get at the garden centre - but the trees are now bought! Only 2 presents to get and hopefully I will pick them up at the start of the week and then that´s everything organised except the food.

On Saturday Kristian was at a Christmas dinner with his guy friends - a tradition that has been going on for a few years. He had a great day out with them. They take turns to hold it at their homes. A couple of years ago Kristian held it here but this time it was at his friends Michael´s house.  They always eat far too much - Saturday was no exception and he came home totally stuffed.

While he was there I had a cosy time at home. I cleaned the house, went shopping and then spent Saturday evening playing piano and my flute. A really lovely day.

On Sunday we went to Copenhagen to visit the International Church. They were holding a Christmas Concert and I have been dying to sing English Christmas Carols.(Oh how I miss my English Christmas carols!)  I got to sing some of them and it was wonderful. There were 30 different nationalities gathered. (yes we counted!! at one stage we had to tell where we came from!) It was a really lovely service, very warm and welcoming. I really enjoyed myself.

Now there are only 5 working days left for me!! I can´t wait to go on holiday and the best thing is that next week Sara will be home for Christmas and Andrew too. Whooooopppiiieeeee:-)

No comments: