Monday 7 December 2015

Christmas is just around the corner....

....so my friend Audry and I decided to continue our tradition of going Christmas shopping together.

We have been doing this for about 7 or 8 years and we just love our day out shopping together. So last Saturday (28th November) we decided to try a new shopping centre - well the shopping centre has been around for years but it was new to us.  We had a great day out.

We each bought a few presents and we spent a lot of time talking and catching up with each others lives.


This year we could feel that we were older - our bodies had aged! haha Normally we go shopping from 10am when the shops open, till 5pm when the shops close. A few times we have also gone to Ikea afterwards as it stays open till 9pm!!



This year by 2.30pm we were exhausted! haha We had seen all the shops that we were interested in and had gotten what we needed, so we headed over to Ikea, which was just across the way. We spent an hour or so there before heading home. (We found Santa sleeping in a bed there! Ssshhhhh - we didn´t want to wake him!:-)  By 4pm we were in the car heading home!! That has never happened before!!! We both were exhausted!

That Saturday evening Leah had her Galla (Prom) night at school. She was so excited and looking forward to a great evening out with Lasse and the people from her class. I got home from Christmas shopping in time to see them all dressed up and ready to go.

Last week I wasn´t feeling the best. Maybe that´s why I was so exhausted on the Saturday out Christmas shopping. I was fighting a bit of a cold. So I stayed home on Wednesday from work.

A few weeks ago I had arranged for my friend Rhona to come for dinner the very Wednesday I now lay sick. I had been soooo looking forward to seeing her and I didnt want to cancel so I lay all day on the sofa and then just before she arrived made an easy lasagne for dinner.

We had such a lovely evening together. We both weren´t feeling totally on top, so we just enjoyed each others company while relaxing on the sofa. So great to have friends that you don´t need to dress up for or entertain but can just be together with, just as you are! I am so thankful to have her in my life.

Friday evening and it was girls night out. I was heading into Copenhagen with my friend Laura and Pernille. We were going to Sisterhood - a woman´s meeting held by Hillsongs Church. The guest speaker that evening was Christine Caine from Australia.

We decided that we would go out to eat before hand. We had some really delicious food and some really good talks over dinner.....


 The meeting was packed with women and we had a fantastic evening together praising God through worship and then getting into His word. Christine Caine was encouraging and challenging.

I am now really looking forward to hearing her at the Conference next Spring in London.

She spoke from 1Kings 17 about how God takes the most highly unlikely people, puts them in the most highly unlikely places and makes the most highly unlikely outcome!

While I was at my Sisterhood night, Kristian had invited his brothers home for a steak night. They were  just going to eat steaks and hang out together. Kristian bought T-bone steaks for them all - 500grams in each!!! Crazy man - but they had a blast and loved the food.

Saturday (5th Dec) was my day to hang out with hubby. We had a lovely long sleep and then got up and headed out to do a bit of Christmas shopping. When we´d had enough of that we came home and relaxed before we headed to Copenhagen for a concert.

The kids had given us tickets for a concert for our wedding anniversary present way back in September - so we got to use them on Saturday evening.

Kristian invited me out for dinner before the concert and we tried some Asia place in Copenhagen. We had the most delicious food and the best thing was that it didn´t cost that much either

We had a great night out at the concert and then enjoyed the walk back to the car going through the posh part of Copenhagen. The old houses and apartments were amazing. We soooo enjoyed seeing all the different architecture, and all the wonderful small details. Plus with all the Christmas lights, everything was even more magical.

It was a lovely weekend. Now there is only 2 weeks left at work and then I am off for the Christmas break!! Yipiiieeee but I need to get organised!!



No comments: