Tuesday 14 September 2010

A day of pain, a night of praise

Yesterday afternoon my tooth/teeth, started to play up!! I could feel an ache on the right side of my jaw. I hoped it would go away! I prayed it would go away, but it didn´t!

Today things have gotten worse, in fact it´s soooo sore that I have contacted the dentist! Now those that know me well know that things have to be really bad before I do that!!

I have got a time for Thursday morning at 11.30am! I don´t know how I am feeling about it all, part of me LONGS for Thursday to come so I can get rid of this pain. The other part of me is hoping Jesus comes back before Thursday, or that I somehow, painlessly pass away so I don´t have to face the dentist chair, not to mention the drill!!

So my day was filled with pain but my night has been filled with praise. Leah´s choir was singing at a church service and Kristian and I went along to hear them. I was in pain even though I had taken pain killers so I wasn´t feeling much in the mood to praise. However something does happen to one, when one praises!!

When I got my mind of my problem and unto God and praised Him the pain seemed to go. Now the pain was probably still there, but my focus was somewhere else, and it just felt soooo great to sing those praise songs this evening. I was soooo glad I went.

Leah was singing a solo at the service and off course her mum just had to video it for the blog.:-) Enjoy!


3 comments:

Rhoda said...

Awfully glad you recorded Leah for your blog - another wee treat:)
Glad you were able to force yourself to go to the concert and that it was worth it.
I'm sure by tomorrow night you'll be glad you went to the dentist! I can empathize with the pain, I just didn't thole it as long as you!

Charlene said...

What a big voice for such a little girl - wonderful Laura - you're so proud of her and so you should be!!!!

lisa said...

Amazing voice, what a great performer, well done Leah!